Hello,

I did a search to figure out this issue but couldn't be helped. I just recently got a unlocked storm and did all the necessary steps to get the service books and browser on it for ATT. Now, I added a unlimited Blackberry data plan and i try to connect to the browser but it says "you are not current in an area that can handle data communication." The tcp is correct and I have tried the battery pulls numerous times. If someone can help me it would be much appreciated.

jd
    03-27-09 09:01 AM
    Are you sure that the Blackberry Data Plan is set up? I know with Rogers in Canada sometimes it takes a while for them to set up the data plan. Is "EDGE" or "edge" in the top right corner?
    03-27-09 09:14 AM
    not yet... maybe I will have to wait, I just added it 20 minutes ago. do you think I will get a confirmation text or something like that? thank you for your help.
    03-27-09 09:18 AM
    03-27-09 09:28 AM
    yea thank you, but those are the directions i had followed already. now im trying to get a connection... thanks!
    03-27-09 09:48 AM
    I heard that when you get an unlocked phone and try to get it to work on a diff. carriers internet service it wont let it on... just what i've heard dont know if it's really true or not.
    03-27-09 10:21 AM
    not true. i have used my unlocked vodafone storm that i got from england on the AT&T network almost 4 months now without any problems. just install the service books as instructed in the instruction and you'll be up and running in no time.
    03-27-09 10:58 AM
    i work tech for ATT and im currectly running the 9500 unlocked on ATT, all i done was added the service books, call ATT added data plan and that was it pretty much, now for the error your getting to be honest never heard of that exact error, which if you call ATT tech will most likley not assist with the issue since it is an unlocked device and we cannot support unlocked devices, but ill check the error at work and see what i dig up and as well check for some certian settings system and device wise that may need to be corrected, but call ATT just ask for tech support and CSR will just xfer you over, keep trying till you get someone that will help you, i always do to the best that i can when someone calls in with unlocked phones but some ppl will just tell you tough luck cant doing anything, but just hang up and call back
    03-27-09 11:08 AM
    Thank you so much. I'd appreciate any research you can do for me as this is probably just a setting thing... I've also dialed ##000000 to insert my number and i see an SIP user id and MIP user id looking like this... 18623713421 at vzw3g.com Does that need to be changed or is it totally unrelated?? Thanks!
    03-27-09 11:21 AM
    I have the exact same problem. i just got my internet working yesterday and after a few hours i got this message. when my internet connection was working fine it was on edge and now it switched back to GSM(which already didn't work before ). should i just do the whole procedure with the installation of the service books again?
    04-19-09 09:46 AM
    sorry its took so long, couldnt find anything related to that in the system, once you added the bb data plan it should have provisioned its self, did you give them your IMEI number when you called in? thats the only thing i can think of...try to redo all the steps again and see if that works, cause what happends is when the IMEI is updated in the system it actually has about 3-4 places that it updates and in one place if its not provisioned correctly could cause restrictions to the internet, mostly happends when switched from an iphone, they always stay stuck in that system and has to be manually changed by a rep to get the new IMEI updated, once again other than that i cant think of anything on ATTs side that would restrict access..
    04-22-09 11:23 AM
    hello,
    I have the exact problem. I followed all the step on the how to post and my internet is not working either. Does anyone have an update to solve this problem.
    Thanks
    04-25-09 04:35 PM
    when i try to open crackutil it says file access denied
    04-28-09 07:43 PM
    so i need to call at&t and ask them to remove my iphone data plan and add a bb data plan.
    05-13-09 03:10 PM
    I am using an unlocked storm on Att and can only get everything to work(browser,mms, etc.) on .75 os. I have tried everything in forums. When I try other os's when going through the steps to add browser it does not add and will not add service books? Anyone else experience this? I have tried .85,.122,.132 and even .75 with .90 radio code??
    05-21-09 04:41 AM
    I bought this phone on amazon and I can not get the internet browser to work or text messaging. it say that I need service books??? Can anyone help me?
    02-12-11 09:04 AM
    I did the same thing and my blackberry storm says "your divice does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries., Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device." what can i do... i Tried to go back through to crackUtility and now it says i need a password but i didnt before...
    02-15-11 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD