I bought a used BB Storm 9530 on Craigslist that was originally signed up with Verizon. I bought it and paid online to get it unlocked as I am using it with Centennial Wireless. I totally did a restore on the phone, so that it went back to factory defaults and erased everything on it. But it gets the original persons emails and I cannot edit it or setup my email. It says an account is already setup for this device. I already searched on here and it says the original owner has to call Verizon to clear it up, but I contacted that person and she basically told me that she owes them money, so they won't do anything for her. There has to be something that can be edited so that I can change it. It doesn't make sense if the person no longer has the phone in service why it would still receive emails when the person is no longer paying. Any help would be appreciated. This drives me crazy. The phone works for calls and such, but the blackberry online stuff doesn't work and I am paying the extra money on my plan for the PDA services.
    05-23-09 02:03 PM
    I had this same problem when i bought mine. Go to options>Advanced Options>Applications and in there you should see the email and just highlight it and click the blackberry button and deleate
    05-23-09 02:12 PM
    Also to get everything working on a unlcoked storm you need to do this. If your on tmobile> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

If At&t then this> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    05-23-09 02:16 PM
    You might need to get the PIN released from her carrier. You might be able to call and explain the situation and they might be able to help you out, especially with the condition the previous owner is in. Good luck with your Storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 02:35 PM
    There's nothing to edit in the email section of the options. Also I just got off the phone with Verizon and they said they cannot do anything with a phone that is not activated. Is there any solutions? This has to be a common problem with people buying a used phone. It doesn't make sense why it would still send emails to an account that is not longer activated. I read on another thread where you can call RIM to have them clear it. I'm a newbie to Blackberry's so what does RIM stand for?
    05-23-09 05:01 PM
    im having the same problem alsoi cant seem to setup an email...cant setup a black berry email cuz the website and my phone are getting the wrong information from each other due to the phone have been registered with verizon first...me and tmobile have tried numerous time to send the service books as i think i do get em but when i try to setup a bb enail thru tmobile it wont let me...my mms works fine...any suggestions???
    05-26-09 06:17 PM
    RIM=Research in Motion
    05-26-09 06:23 PM
    im having the same problem alsoi cant seem to setup an email...cant setup a black berry email cuz the website and my phone are getting the wrong information from each other due to the phone have been registered with verizon first...me and tmobile have tried numerous time to send the service books as i think i do get em but when i try to setup a bb enail thru tmobile it wont let me...my mms works fine...any suggestions???

Are you using the tmobile SIM card or w/e carrier you're trying to use? I read somewhere that by having the other carrier's SIM card, it will change the service books on your phone or something like that. So when you send the service books, they will be different depending on which carrier you are using. Idk, I'm not that helpful with this kinda stuff
    05-26-09 06:25 PM
    I'm new and this is sort of along the same problem line. I bought an unlocked Verizon Storm on ebay. It took a lot of fooling around but I FINALLY got it to work with MY email and internet. TODAY, i was trying to get my old pda data onto it and the instructions read that i needed to "wipe" the phone. once I did that, I can't get back my email.

When I try to set it up, it will only let me try to do enterprise solutions email and I can't get a browser going at all. I can't get a reply from the seller at all.

I do know that it was a corporate phone and they didn't need it so he sold it. It had been set up with someone else's email and a phone number which i got rid of, but has a clean number for verizon. i checked since i'll be moving and need verizon as a carrier soon.

Does anyone have ANY idea how i can get back to being able to put in my regular email as part of set up. i've deleted and started over about ten times today and it's no go.

i'm ready to throw the thing out the window. i should have left well enough alone. it was doing email and internet yesterday!

please please please please help me!!!

-gkk
    05-26-09 07:58 PM
    Hi. I'm using Rogers Canada network. You don't have the same file for that network by any chance ??
    05-30-09 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD