So I think my phone may have finally taken the last crap on me.

Is there a way I can recover my contacts from it?

It wasnt charging yesterday, so I did a battery pull. From that point on it didnt want to turn on, and when I plugged it into my wall charger it refused to catch a charge/turn on.

Now all it does is just restart, like see the little red light turn on at the corner, but the screen doesnt. It will light up for a second then turn off.

Im soooooo pissed I may have lost all my contacts. Is there a way at the verizon store they can maybe pull them off and put them into a new phone even though it doesnt turn on anymore?

Any tips or advice on this?
    03-27-11 02:18 PM
    Try a new battery. If that works but it still won't charge, then the USB port is probably bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 02:31 PM
    Yea, this battery is new. Do you think they can check the USB port at the verizon store?
    03-27-11 02:36 PM
    They can, but if the port is bad it is likely that they won't be able to get to connect to the computer. But it won't hurt to try.

03-27-11 02:52 PM
    Nuts. Thanks for the info though.
    03-27-11 03:19 PM
    Sorry and good luck. I had the same problem as have many others.

03-27-11 03:37 PM
    Ahhhhh... nuts.

So is there anyway anyone could fix it to at least carry a charge or turn on to recover contacts?
    03-27-11 04:09 PM
    You could borrow a charged battery from vz and pop it in. That would at least allow you to view your contacts. You could also use Back Up Assistant to up load your contacts to the cloud and then it may be possible to restore them to a new phone. I've never tried that so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

03-27-11 08:46 PM
    I had this same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Just take it to the Verizon store and they should be able to reset it for you. It'll take about a hour but you will lose most of your setting. You will be able to keep your contact list if it has been doing backups correctly. It actully has been better since I got it done, just had to redo all my email listings.
    03-28-11 02:21 AM
    Ahhhhh... let see what they can do! If they can actually just get me my contacts... i'd be sooooo greatful.
    03-28-11 08:05 AM
    Good luck. I hope they can get you fixed up.

03-28-11 08:49 AM
    Hey thanks man!

I actually just happened to have my old crappy battery laying around. I guess you were right that it was the battery AGAIN!

I literally bought a new one some months ago, cant believe it just died on me like that! So with the old battery, it held a charge with it plugged in. I somehow got the phone to work, but the screen didnt. I was messing with teh camera and taking pics yet nothing was showing up on the screen!

I guess it was good enough though, I pulled all my pictures and music off when it connected to my computer. Same went with the contacts when i took the phone at the store! WOO HOO!

Thanks again guys! Anyways, I decided to move on to the Iphone on verizon.
    03-28-11 12:17 PM
    Good deal! Glad you got it sorted out.

I've never used the iPhone, but hear it's a great device.

I moved on to the droid X and I am much more satisfied.

03-28-11 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD