Hey guys. Long time reader. Just got a storm a few weeks ago. Got up this am and storm is off. Tried battery pull and nothing. Holding power button does nothing. Every so often I can get the led to turn red and get a rotating clock, then screen trns white and nothing. If I plug ac power in I get the fully charged battery picture on the screen.

Any ideas? Of course this happens while I'm on vacation.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 08:02 AM
    Are you plugging in your Storm to the computer or wall outlet. If wall try the computer and see if the computer recognizes the Storm.
    01-20-09 08:13 AM
    Tried it, get nothing. That's what I've mainly been using it for is teathering as there's no internet where I am.

01-20-09 08:17 AM
    I would try pulling the battery and then plugging it into your computer while the battery is out. Then see if you can browse files etc... My old Moto Q used to do that and for whatever reason this would revive it.
    01-20-09 08:43 AM
    Just tried, no go. It doesn't appear that the device isn't even booting. Guess I'm sol and need to call verizon and hope there's a vzw store somewhere out here in the boonies.

01-20-09 08:50 AM
    Not trying to pry but how are you posting with no internet access.
    01-20-09 09:03 AM
    Ha ya how are you on a device?
    01-20-09 09:06 AM
    Tried it, get nothing. That's what I've mainly been using it for is teathering as there's no internet where I am.

This happened to mine a few weeks back...woke up and nothing...just took alittle time to get the computer to recognize the phone then reloaded everything...just keep trying
    01-20-09 09:40 AM
    This happened to me several weeks ago. The phone would randomly turn off and I could not get it to turn back on. It would eventually come back on, but it could take several hours before it would. I also tried plugging it in via the computer, wall and car. I brought it to Verizon and tech. support determined that the battery was defective. They switched it out and I have not had the problem since.
    01-20-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD