I have 9530 and I am running .113. This is how it went down.

I was listening to Pandora through the new app. I had it hooked up to my car stereo via a generic 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable. I get a call from my girlfriend, pandora goes silent as expected. The problem is, is that my phone thinks I am on a headset, so I get call sound through the speakers, but the caller can't hear me. Then I unplug the cable, and the headset icon does not go away.

Right now I have done the following:

-Quick Pull

-sync bluetooth headset, no sound no mic (attempted to voice dial, no phone asking me to say a command and no recognition on voice)

-hook up factory wired headset - works perfectly, tested with call and voice dial.

-unhook wired headset, headset icon remains

-reconnect headset, and I think I lost mic

ANY ideas or thought will help. I am doing a physical pull now.

Update: the physical battery pull didn't do anything. Still say a headset is connected.
    Update 2: spoke with VZW tech support, then VZW storm tech support, now I am on with RIM tech. update to come.
    Update 3: RIM had me backup and wipe the handset.
    Update 4: Still getting the headset icon and the behavior described above. They are kicking me up to tier two tech support.
    Update 5: And they told me to download the official .75 OS, install it and let them know it persists. "Verizon Wireless, nor do we, support this software version."
    Last edited by jbmoby; 04-15-09 at 07:34 PM.
    04-15-09 05:16 PM
    04-16-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD