Using the Seidio vertical case and have not had any problems until today. Refusing to sleep when holstered.

Help ...
    01-02-09 04:09 PM
    Check your settings, if all are correct try a Battery Pull.
    01-02-09 04:10 PM
    Tried the battery pull. What settings?
    01-02-09 04:20 PM
    since the seidio holster is a "face-in" design, how exactly do you know it's not going to "sleep?" i know theres like a small window where the phone isnt FULLY inside the case yet, but you see the screen shut off and go to sleep mode. if this is what you are doing and you dont see it going to sleep mode, i would assume the holster was demagnetized somehow.
    01-02-09 04:21 PM
    since the seidio holster is a "face-in" design, how exactly do you know it's not going to "sleep?" i know theres like a small window where the phone isnt FULLY inside the case yet, but you see the screen shut off and go to sleep mode. if this is what you are doing and you dont see it going to sleep mode, i would assume the holster was demagnetized somehow.

Sorry ... not the holster, I'm using the leather case.
    01-02-09 04:23 PM
    Ugh. If I put the Storm slowly in the case, it shuts off about 2/3 the way down ... and then for some reason turns back on once fully in the case. What in the world is going on??
    01-02-09 04:45 PM
    Do you have any apps running that can could cause this?
    01-02-09 04:47 PM
    Wasn't aware that Seidio cases had sleeper magnets in them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 04:48 PM
    Do you have any apps running that can could cause this?
    I don't think so. Only 3rd party app is Weatherbug.
    01-02-09 05:02 PM
    Hmm does Weatherbug have an alert going on for your area? Otherwise I suggest contacting Seidio about this.
    01-02-09 05:07 PM
    Sorry. I meant to say that I was not aware that Seidio's leather cases had sleeper magnets. I know the holsters do.
    01-02-09 05:12 PM
    Well Kingsley wins the thread. Seidio's leather cases do not have a proper sleeper mode mgnet like their holsters do.
    01-02-09 05:19 PM
    i use the verizon sold blackberry leather case with the magnetic flap. i have to tell you the case is great.

the sleep works 100%, the case looks nice, the phone fits great (some people were reporting it to be too tight, mine wasnt and has gotten looser too), and the belt clip part is 2nd to none, real nice piece of equipment IMO.

I highly recommend it.

it comes in those bubble packages with the green line on them like the rest of the storm accessories. on a side note, how do you know which of those accessories are OEM RIM and which ones are crappy aftermarket?

like this pouch i think is made by BB (RIM), but the car charger i got clearly isnt, it says verizon on it and is made for other micro usb phones.
    01-02-09 05:25 PM
    It would be great if Seidio added that feature on their leather cases. RIM's cases aren't that great and I'm not a fan of holsters.
    01-02-09 05:26 PM
    Well Kingsley wins the thread. Seidio's leather cases do not have a proper sleeper mode mgnet like their holsters do.
    Why does it shut off when 2/3 the way into the case?
    01-02-09 05:27 PM
    Tried the battery pull. What settings?
    Under options -> password -> lock handheld upon holstering (set to yes)
    01-02-09 05:34 PM
    Under options -> password -> lock handheld upon holstering (set to yes)
    Thank you!!! That was it!
    01-02-09 05:39 PM
    i use the verizon sold blackberry leather case with the magnetic flap. i have to tell you the case is great.

the sleep works 100%, the case looks nice, the phone fits great (some people were reporting it to be too tight, mine wasnt and has gotten looser too), and the belt clip part is 2nd to none, real nice piece of equipment IMO.

I highly recommend it.

it comes in those bubble packages with the green line on them like the rest of the storm accessories. on a side note, how do you know which of those accessories are OEM RIM and which ones are crappy aftermarket?

like this pouch i think is made by BB (RIM), but the car charger i got clearly isnt, it says verizon on it and is made for other micro usb phones.

You can tell which one are OEM RIM products becasuse they usually have the logo engraved on the leather case somewhere, OR there is a metallic Blackberry "badge" that looks like the Blackberry button on your phone.
    01-02-09 05:41 PM
    well i mean for all the accessories that verizon sells.

car chargers, screen protectors, various cases (i assume the siliconne sleeve is not oem since it doesnt have the logo), wall chargers, docking stations, etc.
    01-02-09 05:47 PM
    Thank you!!! That was it!
    Okay, so were you looking to lock the phone? Not put it into sleeper mode.
    01-02-09 05:53 PM
    My BES settings are going to lock it pretty quick anyway ... but was mainly looking to save the battery and I'm assuming the quick lock accomplishes this.

Apologies for poorly formed questions on this thread and some confusion, this is my first Blackberry.
    01-02-09 05:57 PM
    One and the same I believe..When using the holster.
    01-02-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD