I'm not sure if I'm even posting in the right forum (I'm new to cb.com)

My storm is acting up...
    I got my storm replaced due to OS problems. Mainly my text/bbm tones not even going off when a text/bbm was sent to me.

My second storm is now acting up.
    I was in class yesterday and I set my phone to silent. I was texting back and fourth with a few friends (yes, I tend to do this a lot in class, ha) and out of nowhere my text tone went off even though it was on silent.
    I turned my phone off quickly. When class was over I turned it back on and it was still set to silent. A text came in no problem with no sound, but the next text tone went off.

Has this been happening to anyone? Tones/bbms going off when your phone is set to silent???? Please help. Can this be fixed without going in to Verizon? Or am I doomed to get yet another Storm in the mail and reset EVERYTHING.
    04-23-09 11:10 AM
    Are you CERTAIN that in the silent profile there isn't anything set to come through? For instance: a lot of times, even a silent profile will not be silent for something like, a browser notification.
    04-23-09 11:13 AM
    Yes I'm sure. Bc I will get a phone call too and it wont ring bc its on the silent profile. It will only make a sound (once every other 4 texts, lets say for arguments sake) if its a text tone. I've done numerous battery pulls too and it didn't do anything.
    04-23-09 11:15 AM
    OK, this thread is done, you have another one going with the same exact thing, just copy and pasted. Having two exact separate threads is the quickest way to tick people off here.

Post once, your issue WILL be seen and WILL be replied to.
    04-23-09 11:19 AM
    I'm really sorry. I didn't know. sorry if I made anyone mad. I'll be mindful of that in the future.
    04-23-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD