I am a Blackberry newbie in need of some help.I am trying to use the blackberry desk top manager to create my contact list and then send it to my Blackberry by way of the laptop.Can anyone point me in the right direction step by step would be great but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    dawgs80
    12-27-08 09:42 AM
    I haven't used the desktop manager for that purpose, but have you tried the help file on the program?
    12-27-08 09:43 AM
    Try going to the "? Newbies" tab located in the top bar of the website page. If you go to BB 101, there are several lectures that might help with this. Lecture 4 in particular has a section on data set up. Alsoyou can do a search of hte Tips & Tricks forum. To learn how to fully use the forums, there is a great "how to" in the "Storm Tips, How To & Tricks" forum. Good luck.
    Last edited by fcortese; 12-27-08 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling corrections
    12-27-08 10:34 AM
    This is from memory, before switching to BES. There is a syncronize button on the desktop app. Hit that and see what happens in the default configuration. Buried in one of the buttons/menus there is a setup screen where you can choose how to map fields in contacts, set who has priority and if you want to sync calendar, contacts, tasks etc. As you know by now, it will only sync when connected via USB cable or bluetooth. One question I had was what happens if you start sync via bluetooth and walk out of range. Will is pick up where you left off or ?

Bottom Line: Hit every button and experiment.

HTH, Tom

I am a Blackberry newbie in need of some help.I am trying to use the blackberry desk top manager to create my contact list and then send it to my Blackberry by way of the laptop.Can anyone point me in the right direction step by step would be great but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    dawgs80
    12-27-08 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD