This all started last week because i dropped my phone in a spot of wet carpet. It sat there for a couple of hrs as it occured as a result of a drunken night. lol

Well the send button stopped working and before that was always iffy, because i would push the send button but sometimes would send me to my contacts.

Well after dropping it in a wet carpet spot for a couple of hours, i got the phone to get the send key to work after turning it off and doing some battery pulls and just letting it chill out leaving it off. I turned it on after a couple of hours and the send button miraculously worked again.

Well the key stopped working again and now i am affraid i wont be able to get it to work again!

Has this happened to anyone? Anyone have any solutions?
    07-17-09 01:23 PM
    I'm sure it has happened to plenty of people. I don't think you'll be able to get it to work again as water does amazing things to electronics. See if you can bring it to the store to have it swapped out (probably not). But, I guess that's what insurance is for.

Good Luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 02:55 PM
    I've had to return multiple storms for the red button failing. (actually one failed, one fell off :-D)

If the button fails it is a warranty issue.

If it got wet it's an insurance claim.
    07-17-09 03:00 PM
    I've had to return multiple storms for the red button failing. (actually one failed, one fell off :-D)

If the button fails it is a warranty issue.

If it got wet it's an insurance claim.
    How do i go about with it being a warrenty issue? I got this phone last december. Am i still covered under warrenty?
    07-17-09 04:45 PM
    How do i go about with it being a warrenty issue? I got this phone last december. Am i still covered under warrenty?
    Yes you are but if Verizon can tell that you wet the phone then you will have to file a insurance claim. The call button on my phone would send me to contacts and sometimes not allow to pick phone calls and my blackberry button would lag and all of a sudden would display running apps. I am getting a replacement sent to me because of this. Hope it works out for you.
    07-17-09 06:51 PM
    U cd try: remove battery > blow dry (optional) > put in sealed bag of rice for 2-3 days.

BTW holding down send key is designed 2 bring up contacts.
    07-17-09 08:06 PM
    U cd try: remove battery > blow dry (optional) > put in sealed bag of rice for 2-3 days.

BTW holding down send key is designed 2 bring up contacts.
    technically your advice should have been followed two weeks ago.
    the problem with the phone is that the OP rushed it back to life with numerous battery pulls and only allowing it to air dry for a few hours.
    too bad because if theyd thought it through it would probably still be working had they followed your advice.
    rule #1 for wet electronic devices with removable batteries.... always remove the battery immediately and do not reinstall it until you are 110% sure that 100% of the moisture has been removed. if you dont know how to remedy the problem, find out, but under no circumstances should the battery be reinstalled until everything is completely dry.
    BTW i never knew that holding down the send key would bring up the contacts. never tried it. thanks for that little piece of info. that should save me a little time here and there.
    07-17-09 08:33 PM
    @wayfr: yeh i didn't want 2 depress OP w/part about how u shdnt turn phone on until dry...lol.

Welcome for tip! BTW/off topic--r u gonna post an image? Waiting.
    07-17-09 08:50 PM
    @wayfr: yeh i didn't want 2 depress OP w/part about how u shdnt turn phone on until dry...lol.

Welcome for tip! BTW/off topic--r u gonna post an image? Waiting.
    YEa i pulled the battery and didnt see any damage as far as that went, i think my plastic BB cover i have on it protected it, but how do i go about getting it replaced under its warrenty?

And how do i get all my info on this phone to work wtih the phone i most likely will get after i get all this sorted out?
    07-18-09 12:10 PM
    You won't get it replaced under warranty. Its a moisture issue which isn't covered under warranty. On the other hand, if you took the insurance it would be covered under an insurance claim. If its insured contact vzw to start the process. No one on CB can help you with that. If you didn't buy the insurance, don't do anything because you aren't covered.
    If you do end up getting a new or refurb, just run the device switch wizard in DM. That will create a backup of the old phone and transfer it to the new one for you.
    Off topic....... Transfigured...... I wish I could. I followed the directions in my thread but all. Could get it to do was post a link. I pretty much gave up after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:54 PM
    Warranty valid for 1 yr. Call VZW @ 1 800 922 0204 for replacement by mail (after 30 days itsa certified good as new refurb). If u prefer, go 2 store.

Easiest way 2 handle transfer of data/apps is via Device Switch Wizard on Desktop Manager (download latest version). Simply hook up old phone 2 computer via usb > run DSW > unplug & hook up new > finish. If u decide on VZW store option, run DSW 2 point of hooking up new phone > leave open > hook up when u return. BTW tech support @ above # will walk u thru process if u wish.

Before u turn in old phone, remove media card w/pencil eraser & w/in options folder > security options > general settings > menu > select wipe handheld.
    07-18-09 12:56 PM
    [quote=BolivianFuego;3078303]This all started last week because i dropped my phone in a spot of wet carpet...

Please clarify that? A high pile carpet would absorb the liquid and a Low pile rug would absorb it, but cause a large stain. I am interested in that.
    07-18-09 10:26 PM
    I have the same problem, except my phone did not get wet. It started with the green button working, then went to working/not working. Green button is now working and now the red button is having the same issue. Phone works great other than that. I am afraid to turn in and get a refurb. I don't know if this is a software issue or the buttons themselves.
    09-02-09 11:31 AM
    There's no way you're going to be able to push this as a warranty claim - the device didn't fail as a result of bad hardware or a defect.

I would think the only chance you have is to call VZW to see if they'll replace it without inspecting it first. If they ask you to bring it into a store the jig is up and you may as well simply be upfront with them - don't kid yourself by thinking someone even moderately competent won't be able to tell the device was exposed to moisture at some point.... seriously, you'll only end up looking foolish.
    09-02-09 12:04 PM
    Well, my phone got replaced, the screen after this started freaking out, so i had enough dealing wtih this phone, they said that they would give me a new one in exchange. I was ready to use my insurance, but because of me having the phone for only 6months, they let me replace it apparently...
    09-05-09 01:17 PM
    Gardening is the practice of growing plants Ornamental plants are normally grown for their flowers, foliage, overall appearance, or for their dyes Useful plants are grown for consumption (vegetables, fruits, herbs, and leaf vegetables) or for medicinal use

For more expert advices come visit us on

expertgardening org]

winter vegetable growing
    raised bed garden
    gardening ideas
    gardening vegetables
    raised bed gardening
    kids gardening
    garden fertilizer
    small garden design
    planting tomatoes
    garden tomato