I have an unlocked Storm from Verizon but can't get edge to EDGE. How did you get yours to work? Anyone? Thanks in advance
    04-29-09 09:24 AM
    What version of the OS are you on? Version 75, 76 & 90 all have good GSM radio code. Other later version are not as good with the GSM radios. It's a known issue, and since this is primarily a CDMA phone and the GSM radios is just an added feature, most likely you will need to stick with one of the known good version. You may have other issues too such as not being in a strong signal area.

Anyways what version of the OS are you on?
    04-29-09 10:36 AM
    I have .132 on mine and EDGE works fine on Rogers. When you first boot up the phone it takes about 2 minutes for edge to stabilize to EDGE but once EDGE is locked on it stays on EDGE until you need to do a battery pull again.
    04-29-09 10:41 AM
    I'm using the .132 OS with .90 radio because I read that that one works best when dealing with the edge/EDGE problem. But then I found some more threads and I wasn't sure it the .90 radio would only fix the problem for people on Verizon. Do you think I should call Rogers and try to reset the data plan? I've try the battery pull a few times but nothing happens, still get edge.
    04-30-09 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD