I been upgrading downgrading, .191 has been giving me problems so i just want to go to 148, no hybrids just wait til official release or next stable leak.

well i used the JL thing to wipe and when i went to apploader it said connecting to ROM then got error, i hit cancel, and ever since it said connecting to ROM it wont be recognized by PC???????

everytime i plug it in it does not make the connection noise when pluging in usb.

when i take off the battery and plug in the usb cord it, it just stays on black screen and red led.

if i try to turn it on, it loads all the way to 507 error but i cannot connect to pc

what do i do?
    09-07-09 02:23 PM
    i got this from rim directly:

1. go to start/
    2. go to my computer
    3. choose c drive
    4. program files
    5. common files
    6. research in motion
    7. app loader
    8. there with be an icon with a device with screen behind it
    9. hit next through the information at pin connection make sure check in box for pin communication then hit next
    10. will then connect to the device.
    11. if fails do same thing without battery or another port or both. just hit next when available (may flash on and off a few times before being able to hit nxt.)
    12. should pull up the applications available
    13. then hit nxt click advanced make sure erase all application data is checked hit ok then finish. will then go through the reload

NOTE:
    If you receive the error: unable to connect to the device during the multistage operation. This is a good thing means there should be enough software on the device to do the reload. if occurring with battery out put battery back in should have enough software to load the software with the battery in without booting over and over.
    09-07-09 02:25 PM
    or Procedure
    Disconnect the device from the computer.
    Access the command line.
    Navigate to the root C directory (C:\>).
    If a different drive prompt is displayed (Ex. D:\>), type "C:" <press enter>.
    If a sub-directory prompt is displayed (Ex. C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND>), type "CD\" <press enter>.
    Change the directory to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" by following the steps below.
    From "C:\>" prompt enter the following:
    cd Program Files <press enter>.
    cd Common Files <press enter>.
    cd Research In Motion <press enter>.
    cd Apploader <press enter>.
    Connect the BlackBerry to the computer.
    Enter the following command in the command line window: "loader.exe /nojvm" <press enter>.
    The Application Loader window will be displayed.
    Click Next.
    Select USB:UNKNOWN from the COM ports drop down menu.
    If USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN does not appear in the drop down menu, perform the following steps:
    Disconnect the device from computer.
    Verify the Application Loader Wizard window is still open.
    Remove and reinsert the battery from the device.
    While the red led is on, reconnect the BlackBerry to the computer.
    NOTE: The led will only stay on for a few seconds.
    When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, immediately select Next.
    Application Loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the handheld software.
    09-07-09 02:27 PM
    thank you, i tried doing that sorry should've mentioned it.

my laptop wasn't working correctly, had to restart it and now i just reloaded 148 thanks! this thread can be closed sorry
    09-07-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD