Somehow 3 read only files got onto my pictures, I can't delete them, I hit yes to delete but they won't what can I do???? Please help!!
    02-14-09 03:21 PM
    sync with PC to disable "read only" in properties of the folders, or what i do is create subfolders, and those won't be read only. so theres a pictures folder, and separate folders for organizing, ex:
    caller I.D.
    ME
    my gear (guitars, PC shots, etc)
    my dog
    so forth and so on.
    then change your camera settings to save into the subfolder. when you save pix or use a screen shot app you're gonna have to either change the folder settings or go in every once in awhile on a PC and move 'em.
    02-14-09 03:30 PM
    Also, you can try a battery pull. yes I know it sounds so cliche but the same thing happened to me and it worked!
    02-14-09 05:37 PM
    Also, you can try a battery pull. yes I know it sounds so cliche but the same thing happened to me and it worked!
    I was having the same problem but I came across this thread and did the battery pull and it cleared off those read-only pics. Funny, it didn't work in the Verizon store when the salesman tried it. I guess the lesson is, try it more than once! Thanks.
    03-02-09 10:18 AM
    The battery pull worked but for how long..i dont want those pics to happen to pop up a week from now. Ill be pissed
    07-25-09 02:16 PM
    I had the same problem and the battery pull worked for me ... so far.
    08-30-09 10:50 PM
    for me, the easiest and fastest way to deal with this is to use mass storage mode, copy the media into a folder on your desktop, reformat card, then modify the media settings so everything has "read only" turned off in properties, then copy/paste back onto the memory card in the appropriate directories...btw, thanks for dredging this old thing up, lol!
    08-30-09 11:06 PM
    I have a Blackberry Tour so I dont know if it applies to other Blackberrys but i was told to "wipe my handheld" I went to tools and selected Security Options then selected general settings and pressed my menu key and selected "Wipe Handheld" and all that does is wipe clean(Delete) your Media, SMS, Contacts, MMS, downloaded apps, and any third party things ..WARNING Before you actually attempt to do this PLEASE remove your micro SD card and dont insert it back into the phone until the phone is done restarting PLEASE save the Messages and Contacts by using synchronize on Blackberry Desktop Manager check the "synchronize organized data" and Synchronize it. This process takes 20 mins or so but is worth it. Once your done Wiping the handheld and it restarts place your Micro SD card back and synchronize your contacts back to your phone and your good..IM NOT A TECHINCAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE but this is the info one TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE gave to me when I called in and it worked out fine. lol
    12-24-09 04:48 PM
    Battery pull worked for me! thank you so much, this whole thing was giving me a maaajor headache!
    01-04-10 09:17 PM
    Battery pull out totally worked! You guys are the best! I was going crazy trying to get rid of them!!!!
    01-14-10 03:57 PM
    a battery pull treats the problem for me, but it doesnt fix it. After pulling the battery and after a few syncs with my computer or just plugging it in, the files are back. However you can only see the thumbnail and when you click it, it isn't there. I have formatted my card yet it persists any suggestions.
    02-07-10 08:30 PM
    pull the battery! it worked
    04-29-10 10:30 AM
    The battery pull worked for me. Be aware that the battery pull erases photo AND video files so be sure to save both on your computer before pulling the battery.

Here's what I did -

1. View the photo
    2. Hit delete. Then a window came up that said read only, with a yes/no option to delete (when I hit yes, the photo still didn't delete).
    3. Pull out the battery when the window came up
    4. Put battery back on device and power on.
    05-04-10 01:22 AM
    are there any systematic ways on removing it?? cause if it keeps on coming back and we keep on removing the battery it's like depending on a magic trick! got the same problem here...help!
    09-26-10 02:35 AM
    Battery pull really worked ..... cheers mates
    08-11-11 05:19 AM
    one Q: i have 2 BB's - Curve and torch - can i use one single desktop manager and sync both phones.
    08-11-11 05:21 AM
    how do i delete read only images on my blackberry bold 9780? i did what John H sed but went to delete pn my pc, it came up with write - protected ? what does this mean? how do i remove the write protection?
    09-30-11 07:24 AM
    I tried Pulling out the battery but it didn�t work so... I deleted the folder named "camera" and also I created a new one... But before you delete that folder you must copy all your photos otherwise you will loose everything you've got... After making your backup create a new folder and Taraaaaan That's it... Problem solved... Cheers.
    12-01-11 02:57 PM
    Try deleting them with LongPathTool. It helped me in a similiar situation
    01-23-12 12:47 PM
    Thanks so much!! It was helpful.. Lots of love
    12-30-12 11:20 AM
    Somehow 3 read only files got onto my pictures, I can't delete them, I hit yes to delete but they won't what can I do???? Please help!!
    09-08-13 06:38 AM
    My phone was being weird, I think i overloaded the media card and this came up when i tried to delete my pictures. Did a battery pull, everything stored on my media card, GONE.
    04-24-15 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD