hello, ive done some extensive searching throught your site and havent found anyone with this problem yet, or those who have had this problem have gotten no answer. i have an issue when my storm is connected to my pc.. it wont boot at all, solid red light as long as usb is connected. this is preventing me from reinstalling any os as it has to reboot first thing. the red light will stay on solid until i unplug the usb cable then 4 seconds later it goes off and boots. help me please, ive wiped my phone and now cant do anything with it. ive reinstalled dm, tried loader and the loader /nojvm.

any help would be much appriciated.

oh, here is the error from loader.exe when it tries to connect to the boot rom

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]
    Last edited by lysergide; 12-28-08 at 04:34 AM.
    12-28-08 04:30 AM
    reboot your pc, make sure you are using a real usb port not a hub, do a battery pull on the BB right before hooking up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

GL
    12-28-08 06:41 AM
    try switching usb ports also, if you are using a desktop PC try the usb ports in the back of the PC if you are using the front ones
    12-28-08 08:11 AM
    try reinstalling the usb drivers also unplug any other external usb drives
    12-28-08 09:08 AM
    still get nothing, vista reports USB Device Not Recognized (i only get this error when its rebooting). tried it on my wifes pc and same thing. just solid red light while its hooked up to usb. if i unplug the usb and let it boot to 507 i can get in, but the first step in installing new OS is connecting to boot rom which forces it to reboot and back to the same place. i really dont want to go for storm #4
    Last edited by lysergide; 12-28-08 at 06:10 PM.
    12-28-08 05:25 PM
    I (somewhat) had the same problem. Then I remembered that one of the usb channels on my motherboard is bad.
    It could discover the device just fine, but for some reason, when the device would reboot, apploader didn't seem to be able to pick it up.
    If you have to, try swapping around some of your USB devices into different ports, and then try connecting your BB into the port you just free'd.
    12-28-08 06:35 PM
    still get nothing, vista reports USB Device Not Recognized (i only get this error when its rebooting). tried it on my wifes pc and same thing. just solid red light while its hooked up to usb. if i unplug the usb and let it boot to 507 i can get in, but the first step in installing new OS is connecting to boot rom which forces it to reboot and back to the same place. i really dont want to go for storm #4

That points to a USB configuration problem. BlackBerry has published a trouble shooting guide.

View Document

The USB drivers are configured by the BlackBerry Desktop Software package, make sure it is installed on your and your wifes computer.
    12-28-08 06:40 PM
    That points to a USB configuration problem. BlackBerry has published a trouble shooting guide.

The USB drivers are configured by the BlackBerry Desktop Software package, make sure it is installed on your and your wifes computer.

usb drivers didnt help, but before i tried that i did get it to connect to the boot rom, where it sat indefinatly. loader never returned an error or anything just said "Connected to Boot ROM" thats about as far as ive gotten
    12-28-08 06:56 PM
    Try uninstalling the blackberry usb drivers. I had a problem with the drivers apparently not loading right. I plugged in the blackberry, went to System Device Manager, uninstalled the Blackberry drivers, rebooted, plugged in my BB, re installed the drivers and all is well again.
    12-28-08 08:40 PM
    well ive tried all of your solutions and some from other sites, after 2 hours on the phone with verizon, my 4th storm will arrive tomorrow afternoon, maybe ill get lucky and get a good one

thanks again for all you efforts
    12-29-08 08:11 PM
    I have finally gotten to it work through CMD loader.exe \nojvm on the 23rd try. I guess I caught it as just the right time so that PIN came up as unknown. It is in the process of reloading the device software. Praying that this one will work, and keeping my fingers crossed.
    02-18-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD