This is driving me mad!!!!!

Since downloading the OS update .425 ( i am on a 9500 vodafone AU) i have been lumbered with threaded SMS. I say lumbered as I, Neanderthal that I am, have never come across threaded SMS before or indeed used it. Since having it I have concluded that I am thicker than a really thick thing, or I have an OS problem.

My problem is thus.......SMS (in and out) default to (to or from) the last message in the inbox. (IE, last SMS in inbox is from ABC123, a new message arrives from CDE456, but it is shown as coming from ABC123.........I compose a new message to CDE456. Last message in inbox is from ABC123. Regardless of address I put in 'TO' field, message is sent to ABC123. This also happens if I try to reply to a message, it auto defaults to the address of the sender of the last message in the inbox.)

As a result I have been unable to create SMS to any new people, and have sent two SMS to my wife that were intended for others.......I'm sure you can see the potential for serious risk here.....

I have tried searching through the threads for a solution.......for an hour or two, but without success, so if anyone can offer any assistance or tell me what I am doing wrong that would be great.

Cheers
    12-17-09 10:46 PM
    That's weird. I don't have that problem.

The only thing I can think of is whether you have your contacts in groups. If so I would suggest that you don't.
    Seriously though I would check your contact lists to see if you somehow have them linked. Kind of lame advice but I hope it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 12:47 AM
    As I have not read any findings threads for .425, I would suggest you look through them. Someone might have a similar problem.
    I would also suggest clearing all old sms, sometimes restoring messages from a previous build creates problems.
    12-18-09 12:38 PM
    Seriously though I would check your contact lists to see if you somehow have them linked. Kind of lame advice but I hope it helps.
    This is possible. Make sure you check the persons info menu and check the link. I actually linked myself to somebody and every time I tried to send them a text or BBM, I was just sending it to myself. Luckily I figured it out after a few minutes and made the correction.
    12-18-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD