hello everyone

i am having an issue with connecting my storm to my laptop. the phone is recognized by my blackberry desktop (i can view all of my files through it), but not the laptop. however, i cannot transfer any movies, music, etc.. through DM. it just freezes then it says not responding. even if it did let me transfer, the laptop doesnt give me a "safely remove" option or anything. if i open My Computer, it doesnt show that the storm is connected.

all of my flash drives work just fine on my laptop, and i know its not a problem with the phone because it works just fine on any other computer. this started about 5 days ago. i am at a complete loss. am i missing something??

thanks
    07-13-09 11:43 AM
    I just take my sd card out of my storm and plug it into my laptop and drag and drop files that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 11:46 AM
    enable mass storage mode
    07-13-09 11:48 AM
    i dont have an adaptor, and just wondering why this would happen all of a sudden out of nowhere. thanks
    07-13-09 11:57 AM
    its enabled. this is driving me ******* crazy. i cant figure it out. ??????????????
    07-13-09 09:59 PM
    i had this same problem on vista and what i was doing was having both destinations open in 2 explorer windows once. idk if it will fix your issue but what i did was open where i was copying from then close that and then open your blackberry storage and paste it in there. So i basically didn't have both windows at once
    07-13-09 10:07 PM
    i had this same problem on vista and what i was doing was having both destinations open in 2 explorer windows once. idk if it will fix your issue but what i did was open where i was copying from then close that and then open your blackberry storage and paste it in there. So i basically didn't have both windows at once
    i'll give it a shot. thanks. still getting to me that the computer suddenly doesnt recognize it, and give me a safe remove option. thanks
    07-13-09 10:12 PM
    I'm a little confused by what you wrote,

when you say

the phone is recognized by my blackberry desktop
    Are you saying that the Desktop Manager is able to recognize the phone and retrieve the PIN (listed in the bottom left)?

Well either way I'd have to suggest uninstalling the DM, removing any common files you don't need, and downloading it again and re-installing it.

It's obviously not a hardware issue, since (I guess, by what you said earlier) the DM recognizes the phone, and all other USB devices are working. The problem lies with something in the DM.

It seems to me that the Device Manager is doing something wrong, by what you said here:

if i open My Computer, it doesnt show that the storm is connected.
    So get rid of anything you don't need on your PC that deals with Blackberry, remove the directory "c/program files/common files/research in motion/", if you don't need it, and reinstall and start from scratch.
    07-13-09 10:26 PM
    My PC is the one that doesn't recognize the phone. DM does recognize it.

07-13-09 11:00 PM
    My PC is the one that doesn't recognize the phone. DM does recognize it.

make sure that the drivers are installed for your storm. go into device manager and uninstall the storm drivers and reinstall them from the disk if you have already installed them
    07-13-09 11:15 PM
    make sure that the drivers are installed for your storm. go into device manager and uninstall the storm drivers and reinstall them from the disk if you have already installed them
    Ill give it a shot. Thanks. Thanks to you as well shawn

07-13-09 11:40 PM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Laptop still doesn't recognize it

07-14-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD