I have the storm and if I get another phone can I exchange the phones and conect the other one replacing the storm so I would not pay the 30 bucks a month? I have verizon thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 05:20 PM
    Only if you signed the contract with Verizon within the last thirty days
    05-02-09 05:33 PM
    To be more clear, are you wanting to take your storm back and get something else? If so the 30 day return policy would apply.

If you are asking can you go buy a different phone to replace the storm, the answer is yes, as long ad replacement hasn't been reported as lost or stolen (if you buy a used one).

In either case, once you don't have a BB or other smart phone you can cancel the 30 data plan.

BUT if you ever re-activate the Storm (or an other smart phone) you would need the data plan again. I've read about people not adding it, but if big red did an audit and found a bb / smart phone Sen they would add the appropriate data plan back onto your account.

05-02-09 05:49 PM
    Oh thanks man.....um can I sell it though? Like not report it stolen or lost and get a
    new or used phone under a contract and not be charged for it?

05-03-09 01:05 AM
    While still having the contract activated

05-03-09 01:06 AM
    You can only sell it if your over 30 days. If under you can return it and get a different phone. If over 30 you would have to buy a phone full retail unless you buy it off ebay or something.

05-03-09 01:14 AM
    As long as you are not past due on your current bill, you can sell the blackberry no problem, then when you buy a new non BB phone, just call to activate it and cancel your $30 Blackberry plan...you can do all this in one hassle free phone call...
    05-03-09 02:22 AM
    If you decide to sell your Storm, do whomever you sell it to a favor and cancel it's registration on the BIS (ask VZW to help with this if you can't figure it out on their website) and get them the unlock code from VZW Global Support.

And as others have stated, you will have to pay full retail to buy a replacement from Verizon, but could find something on ebay / Craigslist. If you do buy used, remember BUYER BEWARE! Ask for the ESN before you bid / buy, then check with VZW to ensure that you will be able to activate the phone. If VZW tells you that the ESN is blacklisted, blocked, or otherwise not usable on their system, DO NOT BUY IT. If they give you the all clear on the ESN, buy it and call back to activate it.
    05-03-09 03:05 PM
    Cool man thanks to all so much!!!

05-04-09 08:04 PM
    Cool man thanks to all so much!!!

No Problem! That's why we are all here.
    05-04-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD