Hi folks, I keep get a msg that says "no service currently available" when I try and place a call. I can't send or receive texts and have not been able to take any incoming calls.
    I have contacted carrier and have been informed there is nothing wrong with my account or esn/ imei ie blacklisted.
    I loaded 5.0 which had been running smooth for a week leading up to this. does anyone have an idea as to what I need to do?
    many thanks
    01-30-10 02:24 PM
    Is the radio turned on?
    Manage connections >mobile network > check the box for on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 05:24 PM
    Im not sure what the number is on Vodaphone but on Verizon it is helpful to dial *228 and hit send. This basically pulls your phone signal to the closest tower that is available.
    01-30-10 05:47 PM
    moving to vodafone forum
    01-31-10 02:58 PM
    I have a problem with my Blackberry Bold 9780. Everytime I try to make a call I get the following error msg "No Service Currently Available".

I have coverage, I can surf the net, use BBM, GTalk, email etc.. but I can not make/receive calls & txt messages.

I checked my SIM works on another device to rule out any network bars and I also checked with my network (O2 UK) that my IMEI is not blacklisted.

Any idea why this happens? I wiped the phone using these instructions (Vhttp://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18 998) but still nothing.

I bought this phone from ebay, it’s branded on Virgin Media but it’s unlocked to all networks - it has been working fine for 6+ months.
    09-12-11 02:05 PM
    mine is the exact same,could you tell me how you sorted this out?Xx
    12-16-12 02:05 PM
    FWIIW, that fellas only 4 posts were on the same day, 15 months ago. I seriously doubt he will be back to explain how he resolved the issue if at all.

First thing I would try if at all possible, put your SIM in another phone if you can. If no service still, then network issue. If there is service, try the SIM back in the original device. If no service, perform a complete backup and then perform a secure wipe. If that fails, then look into replacing device.
    12-17-12 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD