ok im new.. i have looked all over this site.. and got a ton of helpful info!
    still i cant find out how to make it when i get a text or call or new message for the screen to automatically light up and show i got a message...

i was reading about something called a BBLight or something?? that is supposed to help with it sleeping and going into a coma and not waking up for ten minutes.. thats got to be the most annoying thing ive had happen with a phone! anyway to stop that sleeping thing from happening to where it has to restart and scan and connect and blah blah blah all over again...

and i also was on youtube and was seeing that i would click a video to play.. and it would say error and other different messages.. but then i get out and go back into that same video and it works .. if at most after 3 tried it works... any suggestions on that?

and also i just got this phone is it important to update the OS or am i fine with what i got... is 30MB free of memory or more at times good? not sure what i can delete or hide or whatever that might make more but? i dont want to lose any apps or whatever that come with it in case i may need it at one point. but i have it down to only the apps i use on the main screen .. 8 max... and the rest are in folders.
    04-21-09 07:59 AM
    ok im new.. i have looked all over this site.. and got a ton of helpful info!
    still i cant find out how to make it when i get a text or call or new message for the screen to automatically light up and show i got a message...

and also i just got this phone is it important to update the OS or am i fine with what i got... is 30MB free of memory or more at times good? not sure what i can delete or hide or whatever that might make more but? i dont want to lose any apps or whatever that come with it in case i may need it at one point. but i have it down to only the apps i use on the main screen .. 8 max... and the rest are in folders.
    I can try and tackle these two for you. Your first question I'm a little confused on. Do you mean, have a notification pop up showing you who the message is from and giving you a short description of the message so you can decide to view it or dismiss it til later??? If so there's a program called Peek-a-who that people like to use for those purposes.

And as far as the second question goes, if .75 is working for you, no need to upgrade to a leaked OS. Verizon will release the official eventually. I've been running .75 since I got my phone in January and its done me just fine. 30MB is a PRETTY GOOD amount of app memory to have left over after having all of the apps that you want stored already. I'm at about 24MB with all of my apps, and would love to just get over the 30 hump.

Hope this helps...
    04-21-09 08:19 AM
    Thanks for replying i appreciate it alot!

umm the thing with the message i was talkin about was something call BBLight or something? idk i was readin it in a thread someone started becuase the BB falls asleep and sometimes takes 5 mins of pressing every button to wake up.. so they said having that BBLight on would help so the screen would light up when u get a message maybe to wake it up?

ok good i wont mess with the OS till Verizon releases one! i dont want to ruin my phone! lol..
    i am still tryin to find more Themes .. i love themes.. but being a 24Yr old guy lol am tryin to find some "sexy" ones! lol..
    04-21-09 08:27 AM
    Thanks for replying i appreciate it alot!

umm the thing with the message i was talkin about was something call BBLight or something? idk i was readin it in a thread someone started becuase the BB falls asleep and sometimes takes 5 mins of pressing every button to wake up.. so they said having that BBLight on would help so the screen would light up when u get a message maybe to wake it up?

ok good i wont mess with the OS till Verizon releases one! i dont want to ruin my phone! lol..
    i am still tryin to find more Themes .. i love themes.. but being a 24Yr old guy lol am tryin to find some "sexy" ones! lol..

Well, the beta OS do resolve this. I can't recall the last tiem i had a problem getting my screen to light up

also if you have a 9500(per the info by your name ) why are you concerned about Verizon?
    04-21-09 10:53 AM
    so with the beta os your BB has never just rebooted or anything??

well i got verizon.. thats my service why?
    04-21-09 10:57 AM

The beta OS are far more stable then what is already out there for VZW (.75)

I am on VZW also and can tell you that running .122 on the Storm is awesome. There is really no such thing as random boot, never had one... and rarely do a battery pull.
    04-21-09 11:00 AM
    beta OS rocks...
    04-21-09 11:03 AM
    whats so different with all these OS that are leaked and stuff?
    04-21-09 11:05 AM
    whats so different with all these OS that are leaked and stuff?
    There are no major differences, its just that some work really better then what is officially available by the service provider, in this case, VZW has the .75 right now, where .122 leaked is FAR MORE stable. Just more advanced and cleaned out OS.
    04-21-09 11:11 AM
    oo alright.. hmm yea im to new to mess with anything.. im still tryin to get a pic in my theme i currently have and cant get that to work! ...
    my biggest thing is how it falls asleep and reboots out of no where.. thing has a mind of its own
    04-21-09 11:17 AM
    Lol, yeah... just explore... that's why CrackBerry is here.
    04-21-09 11:23 AM
    i am trying lol..
    do you know what this BBLight is... when i get a text is there a way to get the screen to light up or something.. the icon will already show a new message but as far as the light goes nothin happens to it when i get a new message
    04-21-09 11:25 AM
    04-21-09 11:29 AM

some people have had problems with beta os's, some have not. it's a matter of personal opinion.

And the 9500 is a Vodafone (UK) phone, not a Verizon phone. If you have Verizon, you have the 9530.
    04-21-09 11:45 AM
    OMG Brilliant! installed and using it now... cant wait to get my first text! LMAO
    04-21-09 11:46 AM
    ok sweet .. 9530... i was wondering about that.. sorry for being a newb! lol
    04-21-09 11:46 AM
    and since nobody else stated so, the VZW device is the 9530. might help in the future to get the right device, there is a difference and might impact the results and answers you get.

EDIT: nvm, someone already answered it.
    Last edited by patches152; 04-21-09 at 12:17 PM. Reason: n00bish ability to not read whole thread...
    04-21-09 12:16 PM
    love bblight.

also read the threads on how to update the OS. its really not that hard and there is a nice improvement in speed. take your time though, don't do it until you are ready.
    04-21-09 12:35 PM
    yea i got bblight its what i was lookin for thats for sure....
    i will wait on the OS thing and all that for now .. i just got it.. im more worried about the themes and just having it set up how i like... then its to upgrading .. i dont want to mess anything up tho or ruin my warranty! lol
    04-21-09 12:50 PM
    thanks for the link
    04-21-09 01:28 PM
    tell me how i did a battery pull after clearing my stuff... its running again.. verifies the security stuff... i have my blue tooth on and idk it shuts down again once it went to sleep.. so took forever to get back up again.. this **** is gettin annoying with how it shuts off all the time!
    04-21-09 01:59 PM
    your bluetooth is turning off if your phone goes dormant? that is weird...i don't use bluetooth very often, idk.
    04-21-09 02:01 PM
    yea idk if it was my bluetooth or not.. but that was the first time it powered up and ran and then it went in sleep mode ya know when its idle for a minute.. and then didnt wake up till i hit a bunch of buttons and it rebooted and all that
    04-21-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD