Hi all,

I have been trying to search to see if this is a common problem with the Verizon Storm 9530's or if its just my phone having problems.

I have 3 emails on my phone 1 gmail account, 1 roadrunner account, and 1 work email that is setup through BIS my problem is that my emails are very delayed. it takes on average 6-10 minutes for any new message to show up. Now I have been told that that might be somewhat normal, but it is also occuring with facebook comments etc. almost as if there was a network problem with my phone. The other thing I notice is that if the phone has been powered off over night to charge and I turn it on in the morning, everything is very slow to load up, any messages in the Queue are very slow to load.

One thing I should also add is that this is my 5th Warranty swapped Storm 9530 and this issue started with the first swapped device and has never been able to be corrected. Anybody have any ideas?
    11-02-09 06:33 PM
    Hi all,

I have been trying to search to see if this is a common problem with the Verizon Storm 9530's or if its just my phone having problems.

I have 3 emails on my phone 1 gmail account, 1 roadrunner account, and 1 work email that is setup through BIS my problem is that my emails are very delayed. it takes on average 6-10 minutes for any new message to show up. Now I have been told that that might be somewhat normal, but it is also occuring with facebook comments etc. almost as if there was a network problem with my phone. The other thing I notice is that if the phone has been powered off over night to charge and I turn it on in the morning, everything is very slow to load up, any messages in the Queue are very slow to load.

One thing I should also add is that this is my 5th Warranty swapped Storm 9530 and this issue started with the first swapped device and has never been able to be corrected. Anybody have any ideas?
    I have been experiencing this issue as well, verizon was no help in trouble shooting the issue. They recommended i get the phone replaced, im hoping that its a network issue that will fix itself or get fixed in the near future.

Not to worry, you are not alone.
    11-02-09 06:36 PM
    Thanks NFL, I guess it makes me feel slightly better that its not just my phone, but then again its upsetting that if its a bigger problem why does Verizon act like its an unheard of issue.

It has come to the point where Verizon wants to swap me into the device of my choosing because of the problems, but If i pick a Storm2 or Tour I am very afraid that the network issue will carry over to the new phone.
    11-02-09 06:42 PM
    There will be a delay, typically, with BIS on non-preferred providers, but it's odd that your gmail account isn't working more quickly - you should receive those almost instantly. Have you re-registered your phone, resent service books from the Verizon BIS site, and even tried removing/readding accounts?
    11-02-09 06:45 PM
    Yes, I have done that many times. I just resent them last night. And I was on the phone with Blackberry tech support and they removed and resent all the emails.

The thing that is really weird is when you do all this it works better for awhile, and then starts getting slower and slower(gmail and facebook included) until I resend it again.
    11-02-09 06:50 PM
    What's your app memory like? If its low that could explain the slow performance in the mornings. How does it perform after a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 07:02 PM
    What's your app memory like? If its low that could explain the slow performance in the mornings. How does it perform after a battery pull?

What server type are you using for your email accounts? I changed mine from POP to IMAP and went from waiting 10 minutes to 10 seconds for mail to come through.

11-02-09 07:09 PM
    Well, right now my free app memory from a battery pull is 21.8 MB. Seems a little low I have 10 third party apps installed. Is that too many?

I am not sure how to check if its using IMAP or Pop. I just clicked on the Gmail option in email settings to set it up. I will have to dig to see if I can find it.
    Last edited by Quasar3210; 11-02-09 at 07:26 PM.
    11-02-09 07:16 PM
    So I did a complete wipe of the device. I didn't have much on it since this refurb was only a few weeks old. Now that its done, the only thing I have installed is my Facebook and of course sent thru the service books and I am now sitting at 34.0 MB of memory. That seems a little low to me for having next to NOTHING installed yet.
    11-02-09 11:12 PM
    I'll be honest, I'm not receiving any emails. I have three accounts, downloaded the os Sunday, have not received a message since. I tried "reinstalling" my gmail account and I get no email confirmation saying it has been setup. Try to send emails from any account and I'm stuck to just saving a draft.
    11-03-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD