Hi. I'm a "newbie" on Crackberry.com. I just got the Storm and so far absolutely hate it. I heard there is an update but haven't been able to locate it and don't know how to navigate this forum yet to find it. Can someone please help? Thank you! Teri
    12-11-08 02:26 PM
    What software version are you running?
    12-11-08 02:28 PM
    I don't know where to find the software version, either (sorry - newbie here). Where do find it? thanks
    12-11-08 02:30 PM
    Don't worry. You've come to the right place. We have plenty of people who can help and sticky threads to help you as well.
    12-11-08 02:31 PM
    found it - 4.7.0.75
    12-11-08 02:31 PM
    Ok...you are running the latest "official" software Verizon has for the storm. What are the problems that you are having?
    12-11-08 02:32 PM
    Unfortunately, I am experiencing the problems I've read others have had before the update. It is extremely slow, the keys get mixed up at times (my number pad can be off by as much as an entire number when trying to enter #'s in contacts), it practically stops my heart everytime it rings at the highest volume - just to name a few. I know a lot of liking the Storm is getting used to it, but it's my business phone and I type and text a lot, and I don't have time for the learning curve it seems like it's going to require. I was hoping there was a software that would magically fix it all, but it appears that if I have the latest version, it may be a while until the silver bullet appears.
    12-11-08 02:37 PM
    yea there is wayyyy to much info on this site and searching is getting to be a pain. Try this, delete the VZ navigator and the visual voice app. That should help a little bit. Let us know what happens afer you do those.
    12-11-08 02:39 PM
    Should've stuck with the physical QWERTY keyboard.

Took me about a day to get the hang of it, now I type and text on it as fast as I did with my 8830.
    12-11-08 02:40 PM
    I had some of the same problems at first...but after deleting VZ navigator and visual voice apps I saw some improvement. Also...a simple battery pull and reset never hurts. My phone is running really smooth now after doing those things.
    12-11-08 02:42 PM
    Unfortunately, I am experiencing the problems I've read others have had before the update. It is extremely slow, the keys get mixed up at times (my number pad can be off by as much as an entire number when trying to enter #'s in contacts), it practically stops my heart everytime it rings at the highest volume - just to name a few. I know a lot of liking the Storm is getting used to it, but it's my business phone and I type and text a lot, and I don't have time for the learning curve it seems like it's going to require. I was hoping there was a software that would magically fix it all, but it appears that if I have the latest version, it may be a while until the silver bullet appears.
    Thre are a lot of us not having any of these problems. Your number pad shouldn't be off at all (I would call Verizon c/s if this is really the case) and you can turn the ringer volume down with the toggle on the upper right side. If it is really buggy try reloading the OS...if that doesn't work get a replacement.
    12-11-08 02:42 PM
    Agreed it could be the device itself....I'm on my second and it has been pretty much flawless.
    12-11-08 02:46 PM
    I've gone to verizon with my phone and they seem as befuddle by the Storm as I am. Question: is it normal for the glass "face" to move some or should it be stationary as it was on my 8830? I asked someone at Verizon and they didn't know. If it's not supposed to be moving, then I've found my problem. Thank you all for your input - after I know whether the screen should move, I can go forward with trying your suggestions. Teri
    12-11-08 02:51 PM
    if you haven't installed the Visual voicemail or VZ nav is it still on the phone? i know this sound dumb but thought I would ask
    12-11-08 02:56 PM
    screen has to move it is basically a giant button. Are you typing in landscape or normal mode.
    12-11-08 02:58 PM
    Visual voicemail and VZ nav are on the phone at this time. Thanks. Teri
    12-11-08 02:58 PM
    I try to type in both normal and turn it sideways to type. Teri
    12-11-08 03:00 PM
    The screen is supposed to move a little...it has to have some play in it since it is one giant button. Check the threads for the business card trick...this may help. Also remove the apps mentioned above and do a battery pull. If you are still having problems you may have a bad device in which case I would call and get them to send you a new one. It really is a great device so I wouldn't give up on it yet!
    12-11-08 03:02 PM
    Thank you - I really WANT to like it - and perhaps that's what makes it all the more frustrating. I was like a kid at Christmas waiting for my Storm. I'll try all the suggestions and see how it goes. Regards, Teri
    12-11-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD