I recently purchased an unlocked Storm 9530, hoping to be a part of the amazing push capabilities of Blackberry.

After setting up my BIS profile and adding all contacts, cleaning out all unwanted items to keep it running healthy (thanks btw, to Crackberry forums' highly explanatory posts), I went on the set up my gmail on the Storm.

I am in India, running Vodafone 3G and BIS. It was on Verizon before being unlocked.

I receive an error message that I need to go to Host Routing>Menu>Register Now, since my device is not registered with the carrier. I did this half heartedly (since I'm nowhere near Verizon's coverage) and it said "Registration Message Sent". Sigh of Relief. Blackberry Registration Successful: Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network. Whoa! This seems easy.

So I (full of hope) go to Options>Setup>Email Setup.
    And then I get the same error message.

I was hoping to find a way I can "flash" the phone and do a clean install now that I have paid for an unlocked device? My only motive is to get email running on Vodafone in India.
    04-04-11 07:03 AM
    You need to install the vodaphone service books into the phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

Do this but with Vodaphone service books.
    04-04-11 07:43 AM
    Thankyou for the interest.
    Now, Could anyone tell me where I can find the Vodafone India service books?
    04-04-11 07:58 AM
    Do you have another bb with vodafone india service books???
    04-04-11 08:06 PM
    I could borrow a friend's.
    How can I copy service books from a Bold2 to a Storm 9530?
    04-05-11 12:29 AM
    ThankYou all for your effort in helping me solve this problem.
    However, I just found out that it was as easy as logging in to mobileemail[dot]vodafone[dot]in.

MODs may kindly close this thread.
    [SOLVED]
    Last edited by Chronus; 04-14-11 at 12:12 AM. Reason: edited mobileMail to mobileEMail
    04-14-11 12:11 AM
    You are welcome. Take care.
    04-14-11 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD