Ok... so before anyone goes & tells me to do certain things, let me just say first off that I've pretty much done everything everyone has mentioned on this site. I worked all day to try & get the thing to turn on or at least charge.

Sunday night I went to bed with a battery that was at least 80% charged. I had my alarm set to wake me up the next morning. I have no idea if that has anything to do with the battery possibly getting drained. As far as I know, I didn't have any apps running either. Anyway, Monday morning I woke up to a completely dead Storm. I tried plugging it in, but all I got was a red light for about 10 secs, the screen went black & then a white screen with a battery in the middle appeared with a red slash through the battery. I've tried everything from a battery pull to even taking a risk & dropping it on the floor & still nothing. I even went & bought a new battery but that's not the issue either. No matter what I do, I still get the same result. It's not the chargers cause I've tried both my wall charger & USB charger.

Does anyone have any suggestions whatsoever as to how I can resolve this problem? Is there something out there that I haven't tried? Or should I just suck it up & accept that my phone is pretty much a goner?

HELP!!!
    09-02-10 09:47 PM
    I plugged it into my computer and the red light wants to stay on while charging but the screen doesn't power on or anything. The computer acknowledges that the Blackberry is hooked up via USB. So what's wrong?

---

Scratch that. The same dumb white screen with the battery and slash popped up again...

Grr.
    Last edited by XMysticBeautyX; 09-02-10 at 11:43 PM.
    09-02-10 11:37 PM
    Let it take its time to charge.
    09-02-10 11:49 PM
    Yep, when I get the white scren with the battery, I have to leave it hooked to the computer to charge for over an hour before she boots up.

But U having the same pro with 2 batteries does not sound good unless they are both dead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 02:19 AM
    Yep, when I get the white scren with the battery, I have to leave it hooked to the computer to charge for over an hour before she boots up.

But U having the same pro with 2 batteries does not sound good unless they are both dead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did the same thing, switched out batteries & still the white screen with the battery remains.
    09-03-10 03:13 AM
    I downgraded the OS to the original one that came with the phone. Now I'm getting a white screen with a battery & a blue lightning bolt. Is this a good sign?
    09-03-10 04:50 AM
    I have having the same problems with no luck reloading the software.
    09-03-10 07:29 AM
    Yeah, I finally got it to work.

I must of some how deleted the os on one of my many times trying to get the loader to worker. So I plugged it into the wall for about 30 mins and when disconnected it showed an icon stating that the os needed to be loaded. Plugged into desktop manager and it was able to complete the process this time. This icon only showed after be plugged in.
    09-03-10 09:08 AM
    Finally caved & called Verizon. They said the phone was a goner & are sending a replacement.
    09-03-10 01:15 PM
    I have this exact same problem, white screen with a battery pic with a red slash thru it. The battery is new and the phone is charged. Please help
    05-27-11 12:46 PM
    Hello, I have been given a bb storm by my sister. She said the phone worked great for her but when i plug it up it only shows white screen with pic of battery with a red slash thru it. I have replaced the battery, removed the sd card, and allowed it to charge for over an hour, but it is still on the same screen. Please help.
    05-27-11 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD