Well I cann't figure out what to do to get rid of this icon it says I have a message or something in the top left corner and I don't have any messages,emails etc I have tried deleting all email accounts and the message icon is still there.. does anyone have this problem?? it's annoying
    12-09-08 11:44 PM
    Try a soft reset.
    12-09-08 11:45 PM
    Try a soft reset.
    how do you do that???
    I took the battery out etc nothing
    12-09-08 11:48 PM
    go talk to a tech at a store... my guess is user error
    12-10-08 12:09 AM
    did you try checking your email?
    12-10-08 12:18 AM
    in messages highlight the most current date hit the menu button and select delete prior - see if that clears it
    12-10-08 12:19 AM
    Check all forms of messages (missed call, voice, SMS, MMS, E-mail). The message in the upper left hand corner indicates you have some type of message, which could be more then just e-mail. Had to get use to it.
    12-10-08 12:22 AM
    i have tried all of the above the icon at the top left will not go away.. I have ordered a replacement phone I had a couple issues before.
    12-10-08 12:23 AM
    I guess I got a defective phone.. I feel like I am going crazy checking everything twice on the phone nothing will make it the 1message folder go away.....Grrr
    12-10-08 12:38 AM
    I vaguely remember a bug with VVM causing there to be some kind of notification. But this was closer to release which means its prolly 30 pages deep by now.

If you're getting a replacement, don't worry about it.
    12-10-08 12:53 AM
    Check in "Applications" You have a folder called "Saved Messages" It's easy to accidentally save a message when you pull up the menu when viewing emails. I had this problem and finally found an unread message in this "Saved Messages" folder. Hope this helps.
    12-10-08 12:55 AM
    i had that same problem too. go to your main mailbox page and go to options/search.

then just do a search for "verizon" and another search for "blackberry"

you might have those 2 confirmation messages hidden. thats what did it for me.
    12-10-08 12:57 AM
    I had this since yesterday - turned out I had saved an unread email then deleted it. A saved unread message still shows on the home screen even though it's not in your message box.
    Went into saved messages and marked it as read and now it's back to normal. It might be advanced technology, but it still only does what we tell it to do...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 03:03 AM
    yep that fixed the issue I had something in my saved folder
    12-10-08 09:59 AM
    thank you guys for all your help I appreciate it
    12-10-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD