I upgraded to .83 then did a soft reset, after it booted back up, all i see is the "Verizon Wireless" logo.

Did this happen to anyone else? How do I fix it?
    12-19-08 11:56 AM
    Battery pull again.
    12-19-08 11:58 AM
    Yea I got that too.....repull battery and it should be good
    12-19-08 11:59 AM
    tried that, didn't work.

BTW, I used one of those programs for the soft reset (forgot the name of it), it was the first time I used that thing. Could it have been caused by that?
    12-19-08 12:00 PM
    tried that, didn't work.

BTW, I used one of those programs for the soft reset (forgot the name of it), it was the first time I used that thing. Could it have been caused by that?

Try it again. How long are you waiting? Initial start it took a while I just walked away from the phone and came back to it after a while and it was already loaded so give a while. If its taking like 30 to an hour than somethings not right.

If thats the case I would wipe it and reinstall it. You should have a back up from the previous install so you should be good.
    12-19-08 12:15 PM
    Keep trying the battery pull. I've read in the leak thread it took some guy like 4 battery pulls.
    12-19-08 12:17 PM
    The phone is on, and when I turn the phone upside down, the image changes from landscape to portrait.

When I lock the phone, the wallpaper comes on before it goes dark. I can see the signal thingy moving on the top right corner.

And it was working right after the update to .83, I opened up the about screen and it showed .83. But it was running slow so I did the reset, then it was just that screen.

I'm downgradiing it back to .75 to see if it'll work.

thanks for the replies.
    12-19-08 12:20 PM
    Just out of curiosity how many battery pulls did it take you?
    12-19-08 12:23 PM
    1 battery pull for me...everything is great here
    12-19-08 12:26 PM
    I downgraded back to .75 and it's working now.

I used quick pull to do the first reset, then it was messed up. So I did the battery pull, but it didn't work either.

So I'm not sure if it was the upgrade or quick pull.
    12-19-08 12:29 PM
    had the same problem, fixed after 2 battery pulls
    12-19-08 12:34 PM
    Same thing happened to me. It froze sending MMS with a pic, I pulled the battery, it loaded to main screen and said Media Card inserted, then switched to a Verizonwireless screen. Just pulled the battery again. Can't be having this happen all the time. Now I think I'm going to have to downgrade to .76 if this pull doesn't fix it. Everything was runnin nicely after the update before this starting goinig on.

UPDATE
    Ok, it loaded back up fine this time around. Hopefully this doesn't keep happening otherwise .76 is coming back sooner than later.
    Last edited by kidqwik; 12-19-08 at 12:53 PM.
    12-19-08 12:50 PM
    I didn't do a wipe before the update. I'll prolly try the update again this weekend with a wipe.
    12-19-08 01:14 PM
    Anybody figure this out yet, same thing is happening to me. I'm on my 3rd battery pull right now and this don't seem right.
    12-19-08 02:10 PM
    3rd battery pull fixed this for me...
    12-19-08 02:12 PM
    im having the same problem. Except I did a full wipe before I installed .83. After I finished downloading all my launchers I got stuck on that media card inserted screen which switches to the Verizon Wireless logo screen and hangs. Going to do my third pull now.
    12-19-08 02:41 PM
    pull 3 and still getting the same media card inserted screen. This is really annoying.
    12-19-08 02:59 PM
    Took 4 pulls for me.... te last time it rebooted i saw a status bar across the bottom... the first few times i didnt see that.... i think.... ehh let hope it doesnt do it again!
    12-19-08 03:06 PM
    Mine kept doing it after it said media card inserted and froze till VZW splash screen came up. I did 2 battery pulls and then took the media card out and did a 3rd pull. It didn't do it that time. Idk if that had anything to do with it or it was just lucky. It just always seemed to happen after it froze on the media card message, but I don't see how it could be related.
    12-19-08 03:15 PM
    I had this problem and I just waited for a bit because some one said that the reboot would take a little while. But after 30 min I did a batt pull and it worked fine after that. I pulled the batt and waited about 30 seconds then put it back.
    12-19-08 03:20 PM
    It took 4 battery pulls for me before the phone started acting "normal." Now it works great!
    12-19-08 03:20 PM
    looks like this is only happening to Verizon phones?
    12-19-08 03:40 PM
    Had this happen to me today after I did a soft reset with the reset app. My phone booted up normally then displayed my home screen with the media card inserted message. Once I tried to click on anything the VZW screen popped up. Took me 2 battery pulls to clear the problem.
    12-19-08 03:44 PM
    5 battery pulls later got it working
    12-19-08 04:04 PM
    same thing for me...if you get the "media card" thingee...just battery and media pull....reboot without the memory card....after loading back to main screen, then put card back in.
    12-19-08 04:18 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD