I just purchased the Storm about 2 weeks ago. They set up 3 e-mail accounts on my phone in the verizon store but decided to select my hotmail account, which I barely use, as my default setting for e-mail and calendar on the phone, instead of my real primary account without telling me.

When I synched with my device to Outlook where I maintain my calendar for like 5 years for work, the device re-associated every single appointment and item on my calendar with the hotmail account instead of the real primary e-mail address that SHOULD have been set as my default and that I had originally set up all the appointments with on my network at the office! I of course did not know this at the time, and as I began to lean about the phone I saw the default setting for e-mail and calendar on the phone was wrong and changed it to the correct primary e-mail address and BAM -- after the next synch EVERYTHING IS NOW GONE FROM MY OUTLOOK CALENDAR!

I can see everything just fine on the device if I view all calendars or specificaly select the hotmail calendar, but I can't operate this way going forward and I can't just reset the phone to have the hotmail as the default calendar e-mail address for numerous reasons.

PLEASE HELP! Does anyone know how to re-associate all of the appointments that were assigned to the hotmail account back to my primary account so I can view, edit, update, etc for them properly on Outlook?!?!?
    Also, does anone know what the "use the default synchronization settings for the organizer application on my computer" means on the desktop manager under the synchronization icon, and then configure synchronization options are? I think that may be the fix but am scared to do it in case it wipes everything out.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
    06-12-09 12:56 PM
    A new calendar is created every time you add a new email address. The extra addresses create extra calendar entries. To delete

these:

***Backup phone before making any changes***

- From the main screen, hit the BB button.
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Advanced Options
    - Go to Service Book
    - Find your email address (for the calendar you want to delete). There should be two listings [email protected][CMIME] and

[email protected][CICAL]. The CICAL one is the calendar. Simply scroll over this one (the CICAL) and hit the BB button.

Click delete. Voila! If you delete all calendars, you will have just one default calendar, or you can just delete all but the

one that you consider to be your primary email entry.

Just make sure you don't delete the CMIME ones, as these are the actualy email books.

After doing this you can configure your sync parms to sync the BB to Outlook (NOT sync both ways) and it will repopulate Outlook with your Storm's appointments. Then change the sync parms back to syncing both ways and you'll be good to go from there on out.

Grey
    06-12-09 01:12 PM
    If I delete that does it mean that anything that's under that e-mail addresses' calendar will be deleted also or will they still be available to sync back and repopulate? I'm worried deleting the hotmail CICAL entry will delete the actual appointments too!
    06-12-09 01:27 PM
    Well, you could set your phone default back to hotmail, sync to Outlook with the parm set to BB to outlook (to repopulate outlook), then delete all the email address (except your mail email address). That will remove all appointments from your phone NOT associated with the default address, then sync to outlook AFTER changing the sync parms to sync both ways. That should put all outlook appointments in your phone and all phone appointments in outlook without removing any appointments from either the phone or outlook. Just back up the phone before doing anything and make a copy of the outlook pst file before doing anything. Then if something unexpected happens, you can restore all to where you are right now. You may end up with some dupe appointments, but going forward should be nice and clean.

Grey
    06-12-09 01:43 PM
    I did notice that when I deleted the hotmail CICAL file that all of the appointments that were associated with it became associated instead now with a "device default" acocunt. I checked my default settings and it still is on the account I selected. Weird.
    I'll try this new suggestion and go from there.
    -Joe
    06-12-09 01:47 PM
    Great, nwo I tried to restore to go back and follow the updated aadvisce and the box to restore isn't lit up and I can't restore!
    SUper.
    Any thoughts?
    -Joe
    06-12-09 01:56 PM
    never mind, got it working...
    will follow your advice, please don't forget me and check in on this thread later. I'm dying to get this done.
    -JOe
    06-12-09 02:00 PM
    OK, so I followed your instrucitons and PRESTO. I LOST ALL OF MY CALENDAR COMPLETELY!
    I WENT AND RESTORED IT THANK GOD SO I RECOVERED MY INFO, BUT I"M RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED 3 HOURS AGO.
    AHHHHHHH
    HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!
    If you go to the appointment on the BB it says "Send Using" and then lists the hotmail account on each of my appointments, even after I've changed the default settings to my primary account. I need to figure out how to switch them from the hotmail account to my primary account. There's got to be a way without all this crazy synching that takes forever and seems to get worse every time.
    Last edited by JoeyA22; 06-12-09 at 04:49 PM.
    06-12-09 04:22 PM
    Bump...for the love of God....bump.
    06-19-09 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD