My storm flew out of my hand today and hit concrete pretty hard. At first it seemed to be ok, but then I realized that the green send button, the blackberry button, and all of the side buttons were unresponsive. Luckily the touch screen, back, and the end button all work, so I can still do most things. Except send a text message. How can I send a text without using the send or bb button?

And how can I fix it without having to get a new one?

I'm so upset.
    05-20-09 11:10 PM
    My storm flew out of my hand today and hit concrete pretty hard. At first it seemed to be ok, but then I realized that the green send button, the blackberry button, and all of the side buttons were unresponsive. Luckily the touch screen, back, and the end button all work, so I can still do most things. Except send a text message. How can I send a text without using the send or bb button?

And how can I fix it without having to get a new one?

I'm so upset.
    If I were you check on ebay or probaly on craigslist and there can be people to repair it
    05-20-09 11:38 PM
    Slide your finger down to minimize the keyboard, then you can send a text. That's at least a simple work around until you can get it fixed.

I hope everything works out for you
    05-20-09 11:41 PM
    To send a text without those two buttons, go to SMS/Messages depending on whether or not you have them separated or not. Then in the messages list, click on the bottom left corner button. You should get a pop up of what kind of message you want to send. Select SMS Text. Then type out your message and when your finished typing place your finger on the very top of the keyboard and slide your finger down to the edge of the screen quickly. The keyboard should disappear. Once you've done that, click the "button" that's second from the left, in between a keyboard and a folder. It'll send the text.
    05-20-09 11:42 PM
    well welcome to crackberry and sorry to hear about ur storm i would look on ebay my friend has a curve and he drop it and it crack the screen and he found a guy on ebay to fix blackberry's for like $50 bucks its a really good deal ill found out what his email is and ill pm you
    05-21-09 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD