All-
    I have posted here before seeking advice for severe memory leak issues on my Blackberry Storm 9530 (Verizon official OS 5.0.0.230).

I have tried many of the suggestions and appreciate all of the feedback. However, it seems that my problems have not been solved. Verizon is sending me a brand new storm. I am looking for suggestions and advice on setting it up to hopefully avoid these problems. For instance, I am not doing a backup/restore because I don't want a potentially corrupted file to be placed on the new device.

I plan on syncing with Outlook to retrieve all of my contacts. Other than that, I plan on installing any apps I want from scratch.

If anyone else who has had this problem has any suggestions to setup the Storm, from a clean slate, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks.
    11-11-09 09:13 AM
    the latest os out for verizon users is 5.0.0.328. u can update to this and do not run any of the older themes built with the 4.7 version of plazmic. those seem to have been the big cause of leaks on this lates os build. my memory dropped down to 0.0, then i deleted the theme i had and the memory has been pretty solid (around 25mb) since then
    11-11-09 09:21 AM
    First - Verizon's official was .328 (I'll assume that was a typo). Next - what themes and/or apps were you running? The leak could very well have been caused by one or a combination of them. To see if this is the case, you should load them one at a time and let it settle them check your memory to see if it may be the offending app.
    I've seen several complaints about memory leaks, but believe that .328 has fixed that for the most part. Mine was leaking pretty bad at first so I deleted it then reinstalled and did not restore (like you said you plan to do) and have been stable ever since. I am running 1 theme with the default and about 13 apps and have lost less than 1.0mb in three days. This has been consistent with mine. Hope it works for you as well.
    Last edited by rayzryd266; 11-11-09 at 01:55 PM. Reason: my own typo too - lol
    11-11-09 09:32 AM
    Tstorm is correct. 328 is the latest official OS from VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD