hey guys i still cannot figure out media manager i have reinstalled it like twice and the button that says start is grayed out and i cant click it and im kinda pissed about this cuz i want my vids on the thing so i can ditch my zune before school starts again
    12-29-08 09:03 PM
    Just plug it in drag them over via the "My Computer" Icon.

Works every time for me. I haven't even started the media manger.
    12-29-08 09:04 PM
    i have tried that and it doesnt want to work, what are the formats for the vids like avi, wmv, etc.? and did you have to create a seperate folder called "videos" on the device for it?
    12-29-08 09:09 PM
    Hopefully I am not being overly simplistic, but I had the same problem the first time I tried using it as well. My issue was resolved with a reboot.
    12-29-08 09:39 PM
    Is your storm plugged in to the computer when your MM is greyed out?
    12-29-08 09:41 PM
    Tell me true - are you running any of the five versions of Vista
    on your PC ?

Doctor Neutron
    12-29-08 09:44 PM
    I had a problem like this in windows 2000. It works fine on my drive with xp on it. I could not get media manager to work on win2000 but I could still get the videos on by first clicking on the media manager and after it loads up then I go into my computer and drag the files over to the media card folder I want them in.

Good luck,
    Visna
    12-29-08 10:08 PM
    Did you do a custom install and choose to install it? If you do the default install it doesn't install the MM app. I did it on Vista and it works on mine....
    12-29-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD