Hey guys I'm using the BB Storm (obviously) with OS v5.0.0.230 and noticed an issue trying to add new contacts. After going to Contacts/New Contacts the screen pops up fine. I can type their name in both fields with no problems but when I try to enter a new phone number if I press the #2 I get an "e" in place of the 2 and if I press #8 I get an "x" in place of the 8. Luckily I was wise enough to "dial" the number with the phone and save it that way but not being able to type those two numbers is annoying at least.

I tried powering off the phone and pulling the battery but the reset didn't fix the issue. I've uninstalled most of my apps and next will try uninstalling themes but would rather not.

Anyone seen or heard of this? Any solutions? I'm thinking of downgrading back to the "officially released" OS for now to see if that will fix it but don't really want to go through the hassle.
    10-16-09 07:18 AM
    I believe you have to change keyboard settings. You have full keyboard in portrait I assume? Just switch it to suretype.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 07:41 AM
    Thanks John, That worked for portrait but if I flip the phone landscape (horizontal) it still gives me the issue without the option of reducing the keyboard. Any other guesses? I could handle putting the numbers in portrait, but I usually use landscape... Guess I need to get used to the suretype
    10-16-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD