This thread is for serious techies only, those who have taken the phone apart.

I replaced my 9530 screen and upon doing so accidentally dropped it. Even though everything works after replacing the screen, I ripped a little wire on the device.
    It connects from the back of the inside of the phone to the top left inside of the front cover. In of how to take the screen apart, they describe it as an "antenna wire". But, antenna for what? It can be seen starting at 2:32 into the video, and they talk about how to take it off.
    I also took a screen shot of the video with the part circled in red, if you dont want to watch the video.

It looked like this connected to the speaker that you put up to your ear for phone calls, however that speaker still works despite the wire not being connected. I can make and receive calls, my internet works, the back speaker that plays ringtones/music works... SO what is this piece I broke??? The little "cap" came apart from the wire, and when I tried to solder it back together, the plastic piece in the "cap" melted and bubbled up, so it can no longer fit on.
    12-15-09 08:13 PM
    I believe someone said at one time that is the Bluetooth antenna, but I can't confirm that. I know which one you're talking about though, since I've had the phone apart many times.

BTW, those little wires like that with those clips are pretty common in laptop computers and such (for bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc), so if you can't find the specific one you need for the Storm you may be able to find a comparable part from something else...
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 12-15-09 at 10:36 PM. Reason: edit
    12-15-09 10:34 PM
    Ah bluetooth. Could be. Any idea of the effect it could have on BT if that's the case? That would stink if it isn't able to connect up anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 10:56 PM
    I dunno...maybe 15 feet of range instead of 30? Or maybe A2DP BT won't work?
    12-16-09 01:11 AM
    I thought it was the radio antenna. That's what it was described to me as being. Was I taught wrong this whole time?

12-16-09 07:15 AM
    I dunno...maybe 15 feet of range instead of 30? Or maybe A2DP BT won't work?
    Might I ask wh\at A2DP BT is? Stereo BT?

And also, I tend to believe it's not the radio antenna because I have received and made several calls already and they have all been fine.
    12-16-09 07:31 AM
    I think this has to do with the GPS. I had google maps running for ten minutes and it couldn't find me except within 1500 meters. Couldn't follow me when I was driving either.

I also have this "Sim card error" message since I put my phone back together. maybe they are connected to the same problem. I wish verizon knew something about blackberrys and were any help.

12-16-09 10:02 AM
    Call RIM they make the phones....
    12-16-09 12:26 PM
    Call RIM they make the phones....
    yeah and pay for tech support over the phone... Can I use your credit card?
    12-16-09 03:17 PM
    I'm not sure either Verizon or RIM are going to support you taking the phone apart and breaking something. RIM would be more likely to help if you paid the support fee, but still not sure how much luck you'll have getting it fixed.
    12-16-09 04:47 PM
    Yeah i didnt figure that they would fix it for me, i just wanted to know exactly what it affects on the phone and if it would be that big of a deal.

I use my gps, google maps, a LOT being im a field tech at my job, always traveling, so this definitely sucks that its the gps.
    12-16-09 05:20 PM
    Well now we know what it is...that sucks!

If I were you I'd take the cable to one of those laptop repair places or a Radio Shack or something and see if they can come up with a replacement. Either that or buy a Storm for cheap that has a broken screen or something and pull the cable from there.

You can't have mine!
    12-16-09 07:36 PM
    you know, these stupid phones are still so expensive even while broken! Have you looked on ebay for ones that have cracked screen and such? I might as well upgrade to the storm2 with the prices of broken storm 1's lol
    12-16-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD