Ok...I need to get more organized! I am a working mom of 5 kids. I teach, run races, sponsor 2 after school clubs, as well as being in charge of everyone's sports/social calendars.

I have 2 options at this point....a friend is giving me a Storm as she is getting a new one free from work and wants nothing for hers. Another option is a Curve (2 months old) from a friend of my oldest child. This college kid can not longer afford the charges on the phone and is getting rid of it for a cheaper phone. He wants to give it to me for free but I will give him a little $ if I take it (every college kid needs beer $!)

I use Outlook for work but will not upgrade to Enterprise server and more $ service package until the next school year as recommended by our IT person.

I upload Outlook calendar to Google calendar for ease of use for the kids. The older ones can see/add/delete things and with one away in college...she can see when the younger ones have events she may want to come home for. We have just started this form of calendaring and it seems to be working as I can see work and home...but only when on the computer!

I have an EnV2 now and like it. I consider myself pretty tech savvy (for a 40something teacher!) and can manage my way around a computer pretty well.

So my questions are:

1. Which BB would be the better choice for my needs?
    2. What is the learning curve for the Storm vs the 8300?
    3. Which phone would be better for the calendar?
    4. Can I access Google calendar from the Storm? Curve? Is there an app for this calendar on each phone?
    5. What do you love/hate about your Storm?
    6. What do you love/hate about your Curve?

Thanks for all the help. This is a HUGE leap for me so I want to do a lot of research before jumping into a new addiction!

Peace,
    BigDogMom
    03-25-09 05:58 AM
    I had the Curve....Loved it ...Loved it. I have the Storm and I Love It..Like It. The Curve was easier and faster for me to enter data and appointments and I loved the shortcuts. I miss it for that reason.
    I love the Storm for web browsing and the screen on the Storm in the bomb. I love the camera quality. I use google calendar as I own a nail salon (hence the typing problems on my Storm) and use the calendar features for all my appointments and contact information.
    I miss having 26 speed dials on my Curve and only having 9 on the Storm. The keyboard shortcuts were a time saver.
    Would I go back to the Curve? Probably not. Do I miss the Curve? Yes!

I doubt this will help you decide as I like both but here are my opinions.
    03-25-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD