I have tried everything that has been suggested in this forum from past posts: Quickpull, battery pull, Separated sms/mms from messsages, show all.... i don't know what else to do. My phone displays a message when I reboot that says, "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

Someone please help me

Thank You
    Last edited by Troopa; 09-14-09 at 09:43 AM.
    09-13-09 01:30 PM
    it would be helpful if we knew which OS you are currently using, as well as any 3rd party themes you may be using. a little more info please?
    09-13-09 01:40 PM
    I have tried everything that has been suggested in this forum from past posts: Quickpull, battery pull, Separated sms/mms from messsages, show all.... i don't know what else to do. My phone displays a message when I reboot that says, "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

Someone please help me

Thank You

Wipe your device make sure all your apps are backed up. After you wipe your phone load up any OS you choose.
    09-13-09 02:08 PM
    Like suby723 suggested: "Wipe your device make sure all your apps are backed up. After you wipe your phone load up any OS you choose".

Also, depending on which theme you're using it could be that too. Sometimes when I've used a theme that's NOT the original "Precision Zen" I've lost an icon. When I use another theme(and if missing icon happens), I'd then delete that theme returning the phone back to the "Precision Zen" theme. Re-install said theme and icon should/will return.

What theme are you using?
    09-13-09 09:47 PM
    well that "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" that occurrs wit the VZW BB often.. I have replaced my VZW Storm often. due to this cause all it has done is give me loads of glitches and they usally jus treplace the storm if it under a year if not call a REP and the ywill send u a refurb but thats not always gauranteed to be the all fix all it may have a prob to..
    09-13-09 09:57 PM
    I'm on .148 and using the regular Zen theme. I'm going to back up now and re-install, let's see what happens......

The re-install did not work!!!! I saw something about wiping my phone, problem is I don't know what that means. Is there something I have to download to conduct a wipe??

Anyone? Please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 12:14 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...eption-152676/

To Wipe Phone:

Options>Security Options>General Settings>Blackberry Button>Wipe Handheld

This will erase everything on your phone please backup your phone!
    Last edited by jeagles5; 09-14-09 at 02:48 PM.
    09-14-09 02:42 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...eption-152676/

To Wipe Phone:

Options>Security Options>General Settings>Blackberry Button>Wipe Handheld

This will erase everything on your phone please backup your phone!

Jeagles! Yes! You saved my phone! Backed up and did a wipe and finally my sms showed back up after I loaded everything back up. Thank you sOooooooooooooooooo much!

09-15-09 03:40 AM
    Your very welcome

09-15-09 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD