Okay. I admit it. I am a total newbie to the BB. However, I think I have done pretty well for myself as far as operating and understanding how things work. I saw that my BB Storm can play movies. Super. I have 2 digital copies that I put on my computer and figured I would put them into itunes since it is capable of pulling the song files from iTunes to play on my storm. Well when I went to put the movies on my phone, it said that it was "Unsupported Data" I believe. So now I am not sure what to do. How do I get movies on my phone?? Anyone? Do they have to be a specific file type? Do I have to go somewhere and buy the file somehow??I am totally lost.

Also, concerning apps. When I got the BBStorm I was under the impression that it would come with a small amount of apps to start and after a couple months there would be more available. I have been checking in my application center every few days and it never lists anything new. Do I have to go to a site to somehow download them or are they supposed to just show up automatically on my phone?

One other question I have is Themes. Apparently you can get different themes. How? Again is this something that needs to be done while I have the BB hooked up to my computer or should I just be getting these options on my phone as they become available.

Sorry for my ignorance!! I'm trying to learn! Any help?
    02-05-09 12:24 PM
    You have several questions and, your best bet would be to use the search for each question. Also, start in the Tips, Tricks and How To section of forum.

Good Luck,
    02-05-09 12:27 PM
    Are you using a Mac or a PC? What format are the movies in?
    02-05-09 12:38 PM
    1) Movies, dunno as yet, not really that into watching a movie on that small of a screen. You will find forums where this is discussed.

2) App center is for apps that are being pushed by your carrier. If you want to download other 3rd party apps, start here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

3)No themes for Storm yet. Must wait for new Plazmic. Exhaustively posted on forums.
    02-05-09 12:42 PM
    I have 5 movies on my phone, they're not too small, it's a phone. They look great. Have watched them on a plane before, enjoyed it.

I have a Mac so I just dragged them over to my media card, they were saved as MP4's. When I used PocketMac to sync them as part of iTunes they never played. When I just dragged them over manually, they work fine.
    02-05-09 12:48 PM
    Okay. I admit it. I am a total newbie to the BB. However, I think I have done pretty well for myself as far as operating and understanding how things work. I saw that my BB Storm can play movies. Super. I have 2 digital copies that I put on my computer and figured I would put them into itunes since it is capable of pulling the song files from iTunes to play on my storm. Well when I went to put the movies on my phone, it said that it was "Unsupported Data" I believe. So now I am not sure what to do. How do I get movies on my phone?? Anyone? Do they have to be a specific file type? Do I have to go somewhere and buy the file somehow??I am totally lost.

Also, concerning apps. When I got the BBStorm I was under the impression that it would come with a small amount of apps to start and after a couple months there would be more available. I have been checking in my application center every few days and it never lists anything new. Do I have to go to a site to somehow download them or are they supposed to just show up automatically on my phone?

One other question I have is Themes. Apparently you can get different themes. How? Again is this something that needs to be done while I have the BB hooked up to my computer or should I just be getting these options on my phone as they become available.

Sorry for my ignorance!! I'm trying to learn! Any help?
    For a free video conversion solution click here. Also a program here has been talked about on the site. It costs like $17 or about $20 USD if you want to be able to download as much as possible for 3 years (I recommend if you like blackberrys). That second program also does everything basically for you with no hastle ... the file type must be .mp4 I believe. One last program solution would be this. They make great programs so I'm assuming its great too but I haven't used it. Not really sure how to do dvd's with that very first solution though just video's.

The app center is just basic apps it is not the long anticipated store front coming out. There are several apps you can get over-the-air (OTA) and you can find those in the 3rd party apps section .. alot are free.

Themes are currently not available since the program used to make them has not been updated to support the Storm yet so you must wait for that to update and trust me you will know with one look on these forums when they are out.
    02-05-09 01:10 PM
    HMMM....

Thanks for all the help! I am still a little confused. Why does it seem so difficult to get a movie on the phone?I mean, that is kind of one of the selling points is it not? Looking through some of the forums there are all kinds of steps and downloads and formats... I get scared of it lol. I am not a complete dummy when it comes to technology either! it just seems like trying to get a movie on my phone is about as easy as breaking into the pentagon.

Is there a difference between a digital copy and just putting in a dvd?

I mean, I assume you would need the "Digital Copy" of whatever movie to get it on yourphone no? Isnt that how u have to do it for the ipods etc?
    02-05-09 01:44 PM
    I don't couldn't have been easier for me with the movies. I ripped the DVD's as MP4 files to my computer, and just dragged the files to the Videos folder on the media card on my Storm.

Done.
    02-05-09 01:47 PM
    Are you using a Mac or a PC? What format are the movies in?
    I am using a PC btw and as far as format I dont know. All I know is that I put in the digital copy disks into my computer and when it asked where I wanted to download it to I chose iTunes just because I knew that I could put song files from iTunes on my phone, so I figured I should be able to get the digital copies on there aswell. I dont know how to convert them in any way.
    02-05-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD