When i connect my storm via usb i can not see it as a usb drive. I cant see it when i click on my computer. I want to transfer files from my computer to my memory card but cant because I can not see it. Please Help.
    07-26-09 07:10 PM
    AFAIK you need to use Download Manager.
    07-26-09 07:13 PM
    enable mass storage mode under settings>options>memory
    07-26-09 07:13 PM
    you do not need to use download manager
    07-26-09 07:14 PM
    ive done this and nothing.. any other suggestions
    07-26-09 07:51 PM
    Format the card?

I've occasionally seen PodTrapper freak out when downloading podcasts at the same time I'm listening to them. All of a sudden it says it can't read the SD card. I open MeterBerry and sure enough, available space on SD Card is 0mb. Battery pull always fixes this.

Your issue sounds more like the formatting on the SD Card is corrupt. Also try reseating the SD Card first.

Go to Options>Memory ... make sure Media Card support is ON ... Mass Storage Support is ON ... Enable Mass Storage When Connected is ON. Scroll down and see how much Total space is available on your media card. If it is anything other than 7.6GB click on BB Button and choose Format.

You didn't mention which Windows OS you are running. There are known issues with Vista where you have to change a USB Setting in Windows to prevent issues with the phone not being addressed correctly when connected to the PC. Do a Search in these Forums for Vista USB issues.
    Last edited by cadzilla74; 07-26-09 at 08:07 PM.
    07-26-09 08:03 PM
    ok my memory card is at 7.3 and i formatted it and it still come up with 7.3
    07-26-09 08:09 PM
    Do you have an SD card adapter so you can try the Storm microSD in your computer? Do you have another card you can test in the Storm. Either one of these may help you determine if you're card is working properly.

List specifically what your settings are under Options==>Memory
    07-26-09 08:27 PM
    Media Support ON
    Encryption Mode NONE
    MTP ON
    Mass Storage ON
    Auto Enable YES
    07-26-09 08:41 PM
    Also like i said after i formatted my sd card my total space is only 7.3 not 7.6
    07-26-09 08:42 PM
    crackberryfan has specified the next logical step ... test the SD Card in another device ... pc card reader, digital camera, etc ... something sounds funky with the card itself at this point.
    07-26-09 10:15 PM
    07-27-09 05:12 AM
    Yeah went and got a new micro sd card and the memory still reads 7.3 instead of 7.6. Also went to that site crackberryfan told me about...no luck i guess there is an internal problem at this point
    07-27-09 12:35 PM
    When I cant see my memory card I just take the back off my phone and take it out. It usually solves the problem for me. I not only look at it, I pick it up
    07-27-09 12:38 PM
    When I cant see my memory card I just take the back off my phone and take it out. It usually solves the problem for me. I not only look at it, I pick it up
    At least I'm not the only one who was going to give that smarta$$ answer.
    07-27-09 12:50 PM
    I'm sorry but that really cracks me up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD