I forgot to back up apps before I wiped to update to .85. I lost all my apps and I cant find the app center. I also lost apps that came installed like word to go. Any advice?
    Last edited by liveify; 12-27-08 at 01:17 PM.
    12-27-08 01:13 PM
    Hook your phone back up to Desktop Manager, go to applications, and re-install the standard apps.

As to you 3rd party apps that you did not back up, you will have to find them and reinstall.
    12-27-08 01:23 PM
    Re-install the apps is your only option. If you didn't do a back up then you need to actually re-install them again. And If the default apps didn't come back do a battery pull and If that doesn't resolve that issue just use DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 01:24 PM
    When I go to application loader there arn't any standard apps, I only see 3rd party apps I have installed using the DM

I will try the battery pull
    Last edited by liveify; 12-27-08 at 01:27 PM. Reason: I will try the battery pull
    12-27-08 01:26 PM
    application loader..add remove applications..you will then have a choice(check mark) of what default apps you want installed or removed along with languages soduka and that "stuff'....add or remove to your taste then hit next and follow the prompts
    12-27-08 01:29 PM
    The battery pull didn't work

and there arn't any default apps in add/remove apps section, only 3rd party
    Last edited by liveify; 12-27-08 at 01:33 PM.
    12-27-08 01:31 PM
    The battery pull didn't work

and there arn't any default apps in add/remove apps section, only 3rd party
    Same thing happens to me. I had to reinstall, and make sure you go to options and select all the standard apps you wish to install.
    12-27-08 01:39 PM
    I forgot to back up apps before I wiped to update to .85. I lost all my apps and I cant find the app center. I also lost apps that came installed like word to go. Any advice?
    This is why there are instructions with the How-To guides. People did not spend their time to make them, for people to choose which steps they want to follow and which ones they don't.

Reboot your computer>Open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove and reinstall the applications you want.
    12-27-08 01:45 PM
    Same thing happens to me. I had to reinstall, and make sure you go to options and select all the standard apps you wish to install.
    Thanks, I am doing that now

CX, I have read all the how to's, In anticipation for .85 I forgot 3rd party apps
    12-27-08 01:51 PM
    Harsh words C_X but they are valid. A lot of us have spent a lot of time to write theads and software to help people manage their upgrades.

I have posted the same text 3 times today alone about how to upgrade.

All people have to do is to read a couple of posts and things will go smoothly. Why? Because we have made the mistakes for you and have laboriously documented how to avoid the pitfalls.
    12-27-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD