Hopefully someone can help me with this little problem. When i get an email sent to my phone, with any links, i cannot just click the link. On my old curve i had this problem, but all i would do is go to menu, then get plain text. it would then convert the website address to an actual link i can click on. I hope i am explaining this correctly, but for example. At work, we have websense so if i find a site i wanna check out but its blocked, i copy the address and forward it to my phone. However, when the email comes to the phone, the only way to go to that address i sent my self is to manually copy and paste the address in the browser. I have support html on, im just curious why links arent actual links. they are just text. im rockin the 9530 on verizon os .141. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-19-09 02:22 PM
    This is very odd. Whenever I have a link in an email, I can highlight it, click on it, and it will pop up a menu where "Get Link" is one of the options. Then the browser automatically opens up to the page the link is for.
    05-19-09 07:44 PM
    Make sure that the email you send yourself has the URL as a hyperlink. Before sending the email verify tha the URL is indeed a link. If it is not blue then it is not.

All you need to do is highlight the whole URL, right click and select hyperlink.

The Storm does not automatically recognize this as a hyperlink unless it is sent as a hyperlink.

I had the same issue as you at first. Then I learned this.
    05-19-09 09:21 PM
    Make sure that the email you send yourself has the URL as a hyperlink. Before sending the email verify tha the URL is indeed a link. If it is not blue then it is not.

All you need to do is highlight the whole URL, right click and select hyperlink.

The Storm does not automatically recognize this as a hyperlink unless it is sent as a hyperlink.

That's good to know... my email must automatically recognize urls then and it automatically creates it as a hyperlink. I have seen the hyperlink button in my email screen on the PC, but I have never used it. I just type the web address on the screen, and it automatically turns blue.
    05-19-09 09:32 PM

^ ^ ^ ^ what they said
    05-19-09 10:48 PM
    So if someone sent me what should have been a link, there is no way to change it on the receiving end? Other than just retyping it in my browser?
    05-19-09 11:39 PM
    So if someone sent me what should have been a link, there is no way to change it on the receiving end? Other than just retyping it in my browser?
    You can use the copy and paste function instead of typing it out.
    05-20-09 10:58 AM
    whats strange is i dont see anything with the hyperlink option. Maybe its my work email and their settings who knows. the only way i found around copying and pasting it, was if i throw the link in the subject line. then send it to my email which comes to my phone. I used to be able to just click it originally. but apparently i lost that feature within my upgrading the OS somewhere.
    05-21-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD