like title says my wifes storm9530 still has her email icon and message icon on her screen...it frustrates me cause when she has email it appears in both folders. PLUS i have the same phone and when i updated to 5.0 or 4.7 my email icon disappearead from my sceen BUT when i updated her 9530 the icon is still there!!! Can anyone help me out with this annoying problem? Thank you so much
    02-25-10 09:00 PM
    Thats how it works, once you delete from the email folder it will delete also from the message folder.
    02-25-10 09:03 PM
    i guess i should be more specific. How do i remove the email icon from my wife screen? i dont need the emial icon if my emails also go to my message icon......Before i updated my phone i also had the email icon and message icon but when i updated to 5.0 my email icon was removed with the upgrade. I UPDATE my wife 9530 and the email icon is still there. Why did the email icon get removed from my 9530 but not my wifes?
    02-25-10 09:06 PM
    You still don't get it. The Messages icon is simply a "Display All" icon for ALL and ANY email accounts you have set up on a Blackberry (ANY Blackberry).

With newer OSs, you can go into Messages/Menu/Options/Inbox Settings and take the checkmarks out of the accounts you don't want to also display in the Messages icon. You can also "hide" any icon you want. So, if you want to simply use the Messages icon for all your communications, simply hide the individual email icon in question, then you don't have to see it. You cannot delete the email icon because if you do, the account goes with it.

So, pick one way or another and make use of it that way. Either hide the Messages icon and use the individual email account icons respectively or hide the email account icons and use the Messages icon exclusively.

BTW, as I said, the Messages icon is simply a "Display All" for ALL other mailboxes, which means that whatever changes you make in it, will be reflected in the individual email account icons (i.e. if you delete something in Messages, it's gone in whatever original email account it was in and vice versa).

Oh and before you ask.... your email icon went away when you updated your Storm OS because you didn't properly reactivate and send all the service books afterwards, that's why your account icons where all there as they should be.
    02-25-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD