I've set up my main personal email account on the Storm. It works great, picking up all the incoming emails very quickly.

What's the problem? What if I don't want it to automatically poll for new messages? I get tons of emails, and in the morning the Storm is bursting to share all the overnights.. which is fine, but I do all that on the PC.

Is there anyway I can set up that email account to ONLY reconcile when I manually choose to do so? At this point, I'd rather just delete the account from the Storm than take on the additional work of deleting all those emails I have already read on the PC.
    02-20-09 01:06 PM
    Set your account, assuming it's a POP3, to delete mail on the server after being delivered.
    02-20-09 01:17 PM
    Yeah, it's POP3. Eudora on my PC deletes the emails off the server. But there are times when the PC is not online, and if I am out of town I'd like a quick way to check emails on the Storm.

But I do not want the Storm's app. to auto delete the emails. I still need them on my PC. I'd much rather just manually check for new emails on the phone.
    02-20-09 01:21 PM
    Shamelessly bumping.

Ahh c'mon. There must be a way.
    02-20-09 07:56 PM
    my emails dont pick up quickly all the time, is that because im in extended network?
    02-20-09 07:59 PM
    Turn data off when you go to bed and do not restart it until you have checked your email on your computer.
    02-20-09 08:01 PM
    my emails dont pick up quickly all the time, is that because im in extended network?
    some are quicker than others (i.e. gmail is almost instaneous, but my rr email takes a few minutes)
    02-20-09 08:02 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions, but it still a bit more cumbersome to do this than it should be.

Is it just me that has this need? It seems like just about every other email front-end application gives the user the option to download new emails manually and/or at set intervals.
    02-21-09 12:52 PM
    This isn't a "clever" fix for your problem, but it works as a work-around, and I like it.

But ALSO ... I have a question for you about syncing with Eudora.

I get hundreds of work-related but non-time sensitive e-mails from sites I subscribe to, every day - but didn't want these clogging up my blackberry and wasting my time. So, I created a new e-mail address for all my subscriptions - in fact, I created dozens of e-mail addresses (because I have my own domain and set everything [at] mydomain.com to act as a "catch-all" address). These e-mails ONLY go to my desktop - never to my blackberry, because my catch-all address has its own POP info. My real address, the one I give to actual people, comes to my blackberry as well as my desktop. So, even though there's useless stuff now and again, the problem is almost entirely mitigated. This may not answer your particular circumstances.

However - I also use Eudora. I've asked on forums before, without any answer, so please tell me if you know: is it possible to sync my eudora address book (on a mac) with my blackberry? I have Pocket Mac, but I haven't found out how to make it recognize Eudora contacts data.

Any help, very much appreciated
    08-06-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD