i am new to how to unlock my storm and put the service books on for AT&T but i got it all done last night. I followed a very good forum that gave me the directions. My problem is that i unlocked the phone and put the service books on, but the internet and mms dont work. they work sorta. i will have the internet for a second and then it will go out. and the phone will Say EDGE and then go to edge. This also happens the second i try to send a picture txt. what can i do? also if someone has an update service book that i could possibly have? because the posting i found was about a year ago.
    thanks
    10-02-09 11:43 AM
    10-02-09 12:31 PM
    ok thanks, ya that was the forum i used, i wasnt sure if that was the newest onesthanks
    10-02-09 01:22 PM
    The issue you are expierencing is due to the OS, especially the later ones not being optimized for GSM networks in North America. Many people have to end up using the radio files for another OS in order to get a good EDGE connection.
    10-02-09 01:38 PM
    Which OS would work good on it? And what all would I have to do to put it on the phone?
    10-02-09 05:01 PM
    to fix the immediate "red x" when trying to send mms ... Go into your service books and delete all the ones that have anything to do with "mms" or say mms .. then re-register under "host process server" & you're good to go!
    10-02-09 07:57 PM
    Ok but will that take care of the intermitant problems w the internet? Sorry I'm new to this. And how exactly would I do this?
    Thanks
    10-02-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD