OK I have a alias now with vzw backup assistant I understand the the back up will not work with the phone and verizion cant move my contact list. So how do I get my contacts from my old phone to my new storm?
    11-24-08 01:22 AM
    Go to Verizon and have them transfer them for you.
    11-24-08 01:25 AM
    Verizon was able to transfer my contacts from my Dare to my Storm. I'm not sure why they'd be unable to do it with the Alias. Depending on how many you have, you can also enter all your contacts into your Gmail contacts list and use Google Sync.
    11-24-08 03:14 AM
    I had heard that verizion couldn't transfer to the storm from dumb phone but sounds like they can thanks for the help
    11-24-08 03:32 AM
    Verizon moves it for free when you upgrade. I had an Alias and got a storm, moved my contacts and, surprisingly (they never could in the past) my pictures.
    11-24-08 03:36 AM
    If you have contacts in custom-created groups/categories, the Verizon transfer process might not catch them all (either that or my VZW rep was inept, which is not beyond the realm of possibility) - when they did the transfer for me, it only transferred contacts that were in the factory-installed groupings on the Dare.
    11-24-08 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD