I have a 9530 that was purchased on Christmas Eve. I have never had a single issue that others have griped about. I have kept it in leather BB belt clip holster 24/7 and babied the device like no tomorrow. Recently though, when holding my phone, I have felt a "give" on the outer casing of the phone. If you look at the phone from the side, the black casing that is surrounded by the chrome edging is capable of being pushed in in the upper left edge above the left convenience key. It almost has the feeling of a pushing in a button, it is that bad. You can see a small gap where it has separated from the chrome edging.

I have also recently noticed the keys on the bottom of the phone under the screen have begun to become unglued and unattached from whatever they are connected to. This is reallllllly frustrating.

And finally, I have had a screen protector on the device, and holstered as mentioned. Yet, when replacing the screen protector recently I have noticed a lot of dust under the screen. I have never dropped this thing, pocketed it, and treated it like it was a piece of fine china. But, these problems are maddening. I have always loved the device and understand that phones can't be flawless, they take abuse. But I have treated this thing very delicately. And I'm wondering if this is deserving of calling VZW and asking for a replacement?
    03-01-09 06:53 PM
    I don't mean to sound rude, but in the time it took you to write that, you could've called Verizon and had your answer. Only they will be able to answer that for you. It does sound like something that would be covered under your warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:09 PM
    I'm asking because it seems like a gagillion people on these boards have had their phones replaced for more frivolous reasons than this an success rates have varied. And, come on you should know better than to think VZW could have resolved the problem by now?! :-)
    03-01-09 07:16 PM
    I had same issue with my 4 bottom buttons coming unglued. could feel them wiggle around under my fingers so I called and fibbed a little by saying sometimes the talk didnt respond becuase it was soo loose, they overnighted me a new one for free. so go for it!
    03-01-09 08:27 PM
    Haha. Sounds good. Thanks for the advice. I don't live within an hour of a VZW store, only one of those "authorized VZW retailers". So calling is the only way to resolve this.
    03-01-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD