Whenever I try to start up my camera I get this error: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.". The thing is though that I haven't downloaded any new programs and I have done a battery pull. Any ideas? Thanks!
    05-29-09 10:43 AM
    doesn't this happen when you run out of memory (app, onboard, SD Card)?

How much mem do you have free?
    05-29-09 10:52 AM
    Check:

Options > memory > application memory free space. Minimum 12mb/ideal 30+.

+ camera > menu > options > store pics > select media card.
    05-29-09 11:05 AM
    I have 32.7 free memory and the pics are already set to save to the media card
    05-29-09 01:11 PM
    Verify pic quality not set 2 superfine.

If u have a lot of pics u may need 2 delete some. Otherwise idk. Sorry!
    05-29-09 01:20 PM
    What OS?
    10char
    05-29-09 06:49 PM
    I'm running bells .122 and the pics are not set to superfine or anything special. I have only like 6 pictures saved that were previously taken
    05-30-09 01:23 AM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 01:58 AM
    Oops you did do one sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 02:00 AM
    I guess the next thing I would try is reloading the OS. Something may be corrupted
    05-30-09 03:51 AM
    Ok so I just downloaded the official .148 and the camera is still saying that I need to close other applications and try opening the camera again. What should I do?
    05-31-09 04:38 PM
    I am a novice! I know next to nothing. But, I recall reading something about applications running in the background. There is a way to check and close those apps. Someone here should be able to help or try using the search option to locate the discussion regarding checking on what apps are running.
    05-31-09 05:00 PM
    I am a novice! I know next to nothing. But, I recall reading something about applications running in the background. There is a way to check and close those apps. Someone here should be able to help or try using the search option to locate the discussion regarding checking on what apps are running.
    hold down the bbmenu > appswitcher shows > click on running apps (other then the permanent onces, such as browser, bbm, phone, home, and messages) > when in app > bbmenu > close
    05-31-09 05:09 PM
    Only permanent apps showed up :/
    05-31-09 05:47 PM
    Yeah. Definitely am having the some issue. ] =

Edit: Running .148. Only apps running in the background are Phone, Browser, Home Screen, Messages, and BBM. 36.8 MB of App Memory, 874.8 MB of free device memory, and 2.2 GB of free Media Card space. And I was so looking forward to the "new and improved" camera.
    Last edited by Geos; 05-31-09 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Clarification
    05-31-09 06:17 PM
    Same issue here too...

Just installed .148 last night and just noticed the same camera issue listed in this post. I have 2 phones (mine and wifes) and I have left her OS original, whereas I have risked the upgrades for comparison and warranty issues.

This same camera issue was on her phone, and after several searches and research for a fix....came up with nothing. I took it to Verizon for possible fix and they had no clue and simply exchanged the phone.

It seems to be a "regular" problem -- (Simply based on my experience alone), and If there is a fix for this Im sure someone here on the forum holds the answer.

Anyone?
    05-31-09 07:16 PM
    After some more thread searches, I just found some possible fixes...

memory card pull and reset

clearing cache and pushed content

pushing on lens

tried them all and still no luck!
    05-31-09 08:10 PM
    I just tried the above also. No luck. Hmmm :/
    05-31-09 08:51 PM
    I have NO idea what I did ... but its working again. The only thing I did different than all the other things mentioned is the following....

I reinstalled by back-up files from yesterday when I was running .142, and after a reset I had lost my browser icon -- so I had my service books resent. Internet came back and camera started working. It froze up a couple times at first use, but now seems to work as it did before.

There you go! My first EXPERT advice on how to fix you camera. lol. I really have no idea how or what exactly happened, so keep plugging away or as I did..keep pushing buttons, reset, reload, backup, reinstall, lol you get the point.
    05-31-09 09:04 PM
    How do you get your service books resent?
    05-31-09 09:08 PM
    options/advance options/host routing table/hit bb button/register now.

this is ine of a few different ways. you can also do this in email set up.
    05-31-09 09:19 PM
    ARRRGH! Mine quit working again. Back to the phase 1 (Whatever that is)
    05-31-09 09:25 PM
    So if I have a warranty I can take it to verizon and they'll give me a new phone, assuming they don't know the problem, right? And if so do I need to take off any themes o downloaded?
    06-01-09 10:19 AM
    Anyone got any ideas?
    06-01-09 10:11 PM
    Still nothin?
    06-03-09 10:01 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD