help, calling verizon.

hey guys i used the search and nothing came up. so anyways i was calling verizon for help on how to get a replacement and i have a couple of questions. can i call from my blackberry? also when i was talking to the guy he asked for my software version, i kinda studdered and i said .85 and he told me that was not a software number(or something like that). what was he asking for? i accidently hanged up on him. please help. thanks
    01-05-09 07:39 PM
    Call *611 from another VZW phone and tell them os .75.....if you need to send back just wipe and install the OFFICIAL VZW OS
    01-05-09 07:40 PM
    Dial *611 from your VZ phone.

If you have not messed with unofficial OS versions, the version would be v4.7.0.75, or just .75 for short. You can find this under Options - About.
    01-05-09 07:41 PM
    help, calling verizon.

hey guys i used the search and nothing came up. so anyways i was calling verizon for help on how to get a replacement and i have a couple of questions. can i call from my blackberry? also when i was talking to the guy he asked for my software version, i kinda studdered and i said .85 and he told me that was not a software number(or something like that). what was he asking for? i accidently hanged up on him. please help. thanks
    lol you make it sounds like it was super scary calling them or something.

Software version can be found under Options>About. It's the third line, should say something like v.4.7.0.75.

Also, why are you wanting a replacement for your Storm?
    01-05-09 07:42 PM

Software version can be found under Options>About. It's the third line, should say something like v.4.7.0.75.

lol wow you totatally read me, i was a little scared because i am 17 and the account isnt to my name so i dint know how far i was gonna be able to get.

thx alot people , since im planning on getting a replacement ill just downgrade anyways to avoid any problems.

and the reason im getting a replacement is because ive had for about two and a half weeks and my storms quality keeps deteriorating. with the screen, its less responsive, dust keeps accumulating and the physical buttons are getting loose
    01-05-09 07:59 PM
    If you are having technical problems do not call from the phone you are having a problem with. They can't really help you if you are on that device. The software version probably isn't the only question they are going to ask you that you are going to have to find inside the programming of the device.
    01-05-09 08:33 PM
    I have personally had more luck doing it face to face.
    01-05-09 08:53 PM
    If you need to call form a landline it's 800.922.0204
    01-05-09 08:59 PM
    i would prefer face to face too but i dont want to go back to the same place i got my storm, the sales lady was a b**ch/*****. it sucks that i hanged up though because i had actually gotten a seemingly very nice tech guy.
    01-05-09 09:32 PM
    I understand but try not to be intimidated by them. If your phone is having technical problems, its your right as a customer to have a properly working device that you paid for. If they ask what software version, tell them you have the latest official software. Tell them that you are not happy with your device and believe it has hardware issues. Explain to them the deteriorating conditions and tell them you want to be sent a replacement. If you're not the primary account holder, they might want to talk to them or get permission from them. Thr primary can call and have them put you as an authorized person under the account to make changes.

All reps I have talked to have been friendly and polite but still try to be firm and tell them what you want. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 10:24 PM
    If you aren't 18, you cannot be an Account Manager, in other words, if you call in, and nobody who is authorized (the accountholder) is available to verify the account, then all CS can do is general troubleshooting issues. We're not allowed to open up the account and share any information about the account, which would also include sending out replacement phones. To answer your question, to properly troubleshoot a phone, you would either have to call from another VZW or landline phone.
    01-05-09 11:01 PM
    You're gonna have a hard time getting CS to order you a new phone if its not your account...and being that you're under 18 it can't be your account. Have your mom or dad around if you're trying to get a replacement over the phone as CS will need to speak with the primary account holder to verify the account

01-05-09 11:37 PM

Oh my ROFLMAO!!

01-06-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD