Hi guys, I'm having a problem with the caller ID, when someone calls me the screen shows the number but not the name from my address book. All my contacts are listed with my local country code (+58) and then the phone number so it's easier when calling them from abroad. I've tried setting up smart dialing but no luck so far....any suggestions?
    Using .90 BTW.

Thanks in advance.
    01-26-09 02:16 PM
    Are the numbers stored to the SIM and phone? Try storing in one location and see if that helps.
    01-26-09 02:22 PM
    Is this happening when the phone is locked or unlocked?

If it is when the phone is locked, then you need to change the following setting:

options/security options/general settings/

Include Address Book - Change to No

That is what fixes it on my curve, not sure if the new OS is slightly different.

If it is happening when the phone is unlocked, then I have no idea :P
    01-26-09 02:24 PM
    maybe try storeing the numbers with out the + in front of them... Thats my only guess.
    01-26-09 02:26 PM
    The country code isn't going to register to the caller ID. You'll have to remove it or deal.
    01-26-09 02:53 PM
    It used to work before I upgraded to .90, I used to have .78....could it be an issue with .90?
    01-26-09 06:41 PM
    i think it is. i had the same problem and went back and edited all my contacts and took out my country code (+1) and now the caller i.d. is working just fine. im running .90 also
    01-26-09 08:18 PM
    I have the same problem. AND very frustratingly when scrolling my contact list I only see the name to the contact and not the number. This is frustrating as I need to see the number in order to discern what network the contact is tied to. Is this normal?
    08-06-13 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD