So up until now I haven't had any problems with my storm 9530. Today I made a phone call and nobody answered. It turns out that someone aswered,but I couldn't hear them, they heard me though. So I dialed my voicemail, couldn't hear anything, put it on speaker phone, no problem works fine. So I did a couple of battery pulls, it didn't help. updated roaming and resent service packs still nothing. I'm running the .109 OS since it came out with no problems. So is it the OS or is there something mechanically wrong? I did call Verizon and after a hard reset still no sound so they are sending me a new phone, great! But do I have to re-install the .075 OS before sending the old phone back? Could this be an OS related problem and should I re-install the .109 to see if this solves the problem? In all fairness I will admit that I did take the phone skiing with me this weekend, it spent most of the time in my pocket well protected, I did not get it wet. I suppose that Verizon will be able to trouble shoot the problem. If anyone has run into this problem or can offer some trouble-shooting I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks for the help.
    03-22-09 06:54 PM
    The new phone will solve the problem. It sounds to me like the earpiece of your phone stopped working. That is a hardware issue, nothing to do with the OS.

You aren't required to reload .75 before sending it back, but if you're paranoid about it, then go ahead.

RIM and verizon have no problems with us using beta operating systems, and any beta that is so screwed up as to fry your phone never makes it out onto the internet. We only see betas that are refined enough to be close to gold code...they let us have a peek and see our reactions to decide whether more tweaking is necessary.
    03-22-09 07:25 PM
    I would reinstall .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:34 PM
    Thanks, good to know. I appreciate the input.
    03-22-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD