I bought an unlocked storm so I could use with att. When I boot it up with my att sim card in it gives me an error saying insert sim card? I changed the network selection to gsm but am not able to make a call or do anything. Just SOS in the corner.
    Is my phone not actually unlocked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    02-21-09 12:44 PM
    I bought an unlocked storm so I could use with att. When I boot it up with my att sim card in it gives me an error saying insert sim card? I changed the network selection to gsm but am not able to make a call or do anything. Just SOS in the corner.
    Is my phone not actually unlocked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Sounds like it might be a problem with your sim. Before I unlocked my phone, if I put in my AT&T sim (I'm using both verizon and att) it told me invalid sim card inserted. But if it is not giving you that message, it could really be unlocked. I'm not 100% sure on this matter so I can only tell you from my experience but I think as long as it is not telling you invalid sim it is unlocked.

Maybe try doing a battery pull with the sim in.

Or maybe the sim isn't all the way in.
    02-21-09 12:50 PM
    If you have a sim card in the slot, and it is saying INSERT sim card, this means one of TWO things.

1. The sim card is NOT compatable (IE. not a 64k/3g sim)
    2. The sim card slot/pins are damaged.

Eaither way, a message of INSERT sim card means that it is not reading the card. If you got the message "Invalid Sim Card" That would mean that it IS in fact reading the card, its just a locked phone

Jesse
    02-21-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD