Hello all. Sorry if this question has been asked already but I couldn�t find any info on this issue. I have purchased a blackberry storm 9530 unlocked from eBay which I was going to use for ATT from an EBay user who claimed it was brand new never used. When I got the phone it looked brand new so I had no reason to doubt the seller. This phone was a present for someone. All I did was follow instructions on how to set up the browser and mss for it which I wound on crackberry. Finally two month later I gave this phone away as a present and my first issue came up. The person who I got it for got a black berry plan with ATT and everything worked except for the BBS. When he tried to register the BBS service the phone told him that the accounts user name and password was already set up. When I called ATT to find out what�s wrong they told me that the pin was already registered and that they cannot re-register the pin while the person to who it originally belonged too will not cancel their account. I tried to get in touch with the EBay seller �and yes you got it he cannot help me. He told me to tell ATT to just re-register the pin when I explained to him that the original registration has to be canceled he decided to stick to the tactics that I bought the phone from him 2 month ago and that it is not his responsibility any longer. Now I need help. Does anyone know what I can do so I can register the BBS services�.It�s kind of sad to have phone like blackberry and be able to use it to its full advantage. I believe he registered the phone originally with Verizon but they refuse to talk to me because I have no account with them and I�m not the person who originally registered the phone. If anyone can help ... thanks in advance.
    06-24-09 03:30 PM
    I assume you meant BIS (or BES) instead of BBS. You may have to ask the seller contact VZW and/or ATT to inform them that he/she indeed has sold the device privately. Probably best to do this as a conference call, in case any information is needed from the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 04:01 PM
    well now that is a crappy scenario... hopefully you payed for it through PayPal?? They r pretty strict when it comes to selling false goods, or goods with untold restrictions. Notify them of the problem... when they threaten the seller with a returned payment, I am pretty certain he will make the call.
    06-25-09 02:51 AM
    the original owner has to call VZW and release the PIN or release the PIN from whichever carrier that it was on thats pretty much the only option!
    06-25-09 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD