First time Blackberry user and I love the storm but when I went to backup my Storm (am going to be getting a replacement for screen click issue) but every time the backup is almost complete and when it gets to the alarms it stops and displays an error message. No error codes just the message that an error occurred while backing up the device. I am running .75 and am using the desktop manager that came with the device. My PC is running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. I have enabled compatibility mode and am running as an administrator. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time.

**mods please delete this thread. Tried a few different search terms and got it to work. Thanks
    Last edited by just2043; 01-09-09 at 11:26 AM.
    01-09-09 11:16 AM
    Can you tell us how you fixed the issue? I still get that error message and have the same PC as you and the same OS on my BB Storm.
    01-09-09 11:49 AM
    Can you tell us how you fixed the issue? I still get that error message and have the same PC as you and the same OS on my BB Storm.
    Do a memory clean or clear just the cache on your browser.

For the former, go to options > security options > memory cleaning > bb button > clean now
    01-09-09 12:01 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen, you are all heroes and sheroes to me! Thanks to everyone who's helped enrich my first BB experience. This is my 1st post and since i didn't want to start a new post, i figured this is the one most related to my problem.
    I can't complete a Backup, it alway stalls and gives me an "Error backing up databases" at messages during "Transfer in Progress". I'm on OS .75 and SO how can i backup my info and will a backup save all my contacts, e-mail messages and downloaded apps or customizations? I cleaned the browser cache and still no good.
    Please advise and then how can i really use my iTunes to put in a good variety of my music on the Storm instead of just "drag and drop"? It gets complicated when you have more than 6000 songs in your library?
    01-12-09 11:58 PM
    I have the same problem when i try to back up. It goes for like 5 seconds then says "Error backing up database(s)."
    01-13-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD