Help my Crackberry fiended friends...

Just got back from lunch w/ co-workers who are Iphone users. Of course she wanted to do the Storm vs. Iphone game, Ugghh

I happily abliged, that is until she scrolled through her lil applications with ease, showed where we were on the GPS tracking, and took snazzy lil photos real quicklike.

Then I showed her the videos, she ooohed and awed over the browser, but then when I tried to show my Verizon GPS the damn thing went bonkers and wouldn't shutup about how to get to some airport up out of the blue.

Now shes walking around all smug like! Help I want to keep my BB Storm , I don't wanna go to the IPhone side!!!!!
    12-11-08 03:32 PM
    So you're asking for help with the GPS then? What GPS app are you using? VZNav, Blackberry Maps, Nav4All?
    12-11-08 03:34 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    12-11-08 03:34 PM
    if you don't want to switch then don't. if the phone does what you want it to, then that is all that matters. IT IS NOT AN I-PHONE. It is also new software. When this phone has been out a few more months and the OS is polished, then you can do a better comparison.
    12-11-08 03:38 PM
    So you're asking for help with the GPS then? What GPS app are you using? VZNav, Blackberry Maps, Nav4All?
    Well I am using VZNav, but I just downloaded Amaze which is a free GPS system in hopes I can canx my VZNav. Cant do it, it isn't working properly. I just want to know if we have GPS tracking that can show where we are.
    12-11-08 03:38 PM
    if you don't want to switch then don't. if the phone does what you want it to, then that is all that matters. IT IS NOT AN I-PHONE. It is also new software. When this phone has been out a few more months and the OS is polished, then you can do a better comparison.
    I know it isn't an IPhone, and I am not a young teen who needs a bunch of useless apps. But damn, there are so many bugs w/this thing. I just don't want to make a committment if it isnt going to be worth it.
    12-11-08 03:39 PM
    Go into options> advanced options> GPS
    and turn location on this should help.

I have mine set to device gps
    gps services on.

This is how i have mine set
    it should work fine.

Good luck................
    Oh to save face open an email attachment
    after u get it resolved; then just turn and walk away.
    12-11-08 03:44 PM

gps services on.

it should work fine.

Or ask he/she to send you an mms
    12-11-08 03:45 PM
    Don't go! Please don't go away!
    12-11-08 03:46 PM
    Or ask he/she to send you an mms
    Uuuuuuuuuu nice.
    12-11-08 03:47 PM
    Go into options> advanced options>
    Or take a picture of her and then send it to her as a picture message and watch as she struggles to load AT&T's view my picture message site on her iPhone browser.

That'll do it right there.
    12-11-08 03:47 PM
    Well I am using VZNav, but I just downloaded Amaze which is a free GPS system in hopes I can canx my VZNav. Cant do it, it isn't working properly. I just want to know if we have GPS tracking that can show where we are.
    Hmmm. I've never of Amaze. I demoed a storm in the vzw store with BBMaps and it pegged my location exactly. (I'm still waiting for my storm to arrive).
    12-11-08 03:50 PM
    Or take a picture of her and then send it to her as a picture message and watch as she struggles to load AT&T's view my picture message site on her iPhone browser.

That'll do it right there.
    LOL!! I am going to do it!!! Ha ha hahah ah. I never thought I would become "one of those people" but I must be, especially if I bought "one of these phones!"
    12-11-08 03:50 PM

gps services on.

it should work fine.

I have that set, still where do I go to see my location right now. I love you guys for being so patient!

**kisses**
    12-11-08 03:51 PM
    I know it isn't an IPhone, and I am not a young teen who needs a bunch of useless apps. But damn, there are so many bugs w/this thing. I just don't want to make a committment if it isnt going to be worth it.
    Hey you appear to be a woman of style soon they'll be seeling the iphone
    for $99. So that means every joe/jane blow will have one.
    When it was announced on the news my sons 18yr old friend stated.
    "thats gonna take away the cool factor everyone is gonna have it"

Hummmmm I myself like being on the cutting edge.
    I was in a meeting last night and it was so nice not to have to carry
    paper and just open my attachments that I needed on my phone.
    Sliiiick.
    I want the apps too but I'll wait.

The iphone is sweet though
    12-11-08 03:54 PM
    Activate VZ nav. Then to go to where am I? It should lock in on you.
    The kisses did it...................
    12-11-08 03:58 PM
    Heres another one, tell her to take video and send it to you.
    12-11-08 03:59 PM
    and took snazzy lil photos real quicklike.
    Should've asked her to send you one since they were so cool!

Seriously, I don't know how something as stupid as WiFi gets debated about the storm yet necessary/more often used features such as cut and paste and IM services (and the ability to actually click links in an IM) as well as MMS don't even get mentioned about the iPhone.

Seriously. You have to download a 3rd party AIM app from the store, then you can't click links on it. Every time i send a link to an iPhone friend who is on mobile IM they ask me to text or email it to them. NO! I'm not gonna go through 5 different loops to send you a link cus your stupid phone can't handle a simple thing. I don't get why you can click links in text messages and emails but not AIM on the iPhone....i'm more likely to send a link in AIM than I am in Text....
    ugh....
    12-11-08 04:00 PM
    U don't need wi-fi with this phone; what VZW should do to shut everyones pie hole is just give the all inclusive for $99.
    Then watch them shad up
    12-11-08 04:03 PM
    Oh and when u make her jaw drop start a thread
    12-11-08 04:04 PM
    SOLUTION -- show your friend how you can copy and paste.

Discussion over...
    12-11-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD