I installed it,

I am running DM 4.7 and we i go to the App Loader to manually install it, 3 options pop up.

4.75 (current)
    4.65(downgrade)

when i click next on .76 it takes to the update summary page where it says "no software update is required for your device."

what do i do?

it's like it recognizes .76 but won't let me install it. it's weird! lol! i have the leaked .75 installed currently.

i think i am gonna try and downgrade to .65 and then upgrade to the official .75 and the try .76 again

??????
    12-10-08 02:32 PM
    Did you go into Control Panels on your PC and delete the .65 and .75 versions of the software?

Also, did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    12-10-08 02:34 PM
    Yeah I deleted the vendor file. I did not go into my PC and delete v. .75 and .65 i didn't know i needed to do that. I mean, does that matter? they can show up all they want because they arent the ones i selected to install???
    12-10-08 02:45 PM
    can anybody tell me how to close running apps on the storm
    12-10-08 02:47 PM
    can anybody tell me how to close running apps on the storm
    hold down the BB key/ menu key and it will show you everything thats open and then just close them one by one by hitting the BB key and selecting close

As for the original issue... i would love for someone to find a solution because my DM did the same thing. I deleted vendor.xml but i did not delete .65 and .75 off my computer because i was unaware that was necessary.
    12-10-08 03:29 PM
    well im back up and running on .75
    12-10-08 03:56 PM
    Make sure you are disconnected from the internet as I think that DM checks for official updates and if it sees none it won't let yo
    u update to a non-official upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 03:59 PM
    Make sure you are not connected to the Internet. If you are not then it will recognize .76 as the only available upgrade.

Edit: damn. LOL
    12-10-08 03:59 PM
    Yeah, disconnecting my internet did work. thank you so much (both of you)
    12-12-08 02:02 AM
    I have .76 and I had a WEIRD issue last night. Went to plug in the wall charger, it went to bedside mode ANNNND that was it. It just locked up and didn't do anything. I tried to call the phone to unlock it or whatever I could do, and it wouldn't even recognize an incoming call. Pulled the battery and no dice, just did the little initialization when rebooting. Waited about 5-10 minutes and it just sat there spinning that little icon. Pulled it again and it booted normal, but reset something because I wasn't receiving work email when I got up this morning.

HOWEVER, I plugged it into my laptop, it did some updates similar to when I upgraded to .76 and all is well now. Not sure what happened or why, but a little scary that I had to pull the battery twice. :$
    12-12-08 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD